25 июл. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x3

The Good News

Season 4, Episode 3


& Joan: I am sending Caroline uptown to get me some fried chicken for lunch and I know you like it. Interested?
    Lane: I am.
    Joan: Breast? Thigh?
    Lane: One of each.
    Joan: Oh, I wanted to ask you... I would like to put in a request now for a few days off the second week of January.
    Lane: You have new year's off. {...} I understand that all men are dizzy and powerless to refuse you, but consider me the incorruptible exception. Fried chicken indeed.
    Joan: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.
    Lane: Don't go and cry about it.
    Joan: ... Excuse me?
    Lane: I said don't go and cry about it.

& Stephanie: I just don't understand who's in charge.
    Don: You're in charge. Trust me. I work in advertising.
    Stephanie: You're kidding me. It's pollution.
    Don: So stop buying things.
    Stephanie: Don't think that's not possible.

& Don: I could tell the minute she saw who I really was... She never wanted to look at me again. Which is why I never told her.


& Don: So you picked this song because it’s old?.. That doesn’t mean it’s bad.
    Stephanie: It’s kind of corny.
    Don: I think it sounds like she’s inviting us to a very beautiful place where there’s no surfing at all.
    Stephanie: Have you ever been there?
    Don: Mmm, no. But... Every time I hear this song, I want to go.


& Stephanie: I should get home.
    Don: I’ll drive you. I’ll put the top up.
    Stephanie: That’s okay. I’ll hitch. I do it all the time.
    Don: You’ll get picked up by some creep.
    Stephanie: I guess this is safer.

& Patty: I understand you feel guilty, but don’t. Go to Acapulco. There’s nothing for you to do here.
    Don: She is very important to me. I’m gonna do what I have to.
    Patty: You have no say in the affairs of this family. You’re just a man in a room with a checkbook.

& Greg: Aw, come on. It’s fine.
    Joan: I’m not crying ’cause it hurts.
    Greg: Everything’s gonna be okay.
    Joan: When?

& Lane: How did you know when you were done?
    Don: It wasn’t my decision. And I’ve learned the hard way not to give advice in these situations.
    Lane: You were supposed to tell me to get on a plane.
    Don: Is that what you want? Or is that what people expect of you?

& Lane: What do I owe you for the evening?
    Don: Don’t worry about it.
    Lane: I should pay. The girl... how much was she?
    Don: $25.
    Lane: Fascinating. Here’s $30.

& Lane: Thank you for the welcome distraction*.


-- Dict:
distraction — отвлечение; развлечение; безумие


+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий