28 июл. 2011 г.

The Lincoln Lawyer

& Mick Haller: What’s his name?
    Val Valenzuela: Louis. Louis Roulet. R-O-U-L-E-T, like the wheel.
    Haller: That’s not how you spell the wheel, but got it.

& Haller: Rule one, I get paid or I don’t work.
    Harold: Don’t worry, I got your money.
    Haller: Exactly. You got it, I don’t.

& Haller: Did you say I was Louis’ choice?
    Cecil Dobbs: Yes. He’d read about a case you handled.
    Haller: I’ll need 100 grand up front, working off $550 an hour. Another 100 if we go to trial, more if we go past a week.

& Frank Levin: Jesus, Mick, are you starting to think Louis is innocent?
    Haller: He just might. Besides, you know what my father always said about an innocent client?
    Frank: No, I’ve never heard this.
    Maggie McPherson: He said, “There’s no client as scary as an innocent man.”
    Haller: That’s right. Because if you screw up and he goes to prison, you’re never gonna be able to live with yourself. So there’s only one verdict you can put on the board, baby, and that’s an NG.

& Kurlen: How does someone like you sleep at night, with all the scum you represent?
    Haller: Hey, Kurlen. Come here a second. I had a client once, he decapitated his ex-wife. Kept her head in the refrigerator.
    Kurlen: Nice. Sweet.
    Haller: The DA got greedy, tried to pile on two unsolved murders, trick up the evidence to make it look like my guy did it.
    Kurlen: But you got your boy off. And he’s out walking around now, right? Well, fuck you, Haller.
    Haller: No, fuck the DA, and the cops who helped him. It’s called the justice system, Kurlen. That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.


& Maggie: Hey, hey, Haller. Do you want a beer?
    Haller: I’d love a cold beer. We can share this.
    Maggie: No, I’m good.
    Haller: Why, why? We’ve swapped spit before.

& Maggie: I bet you didn’t know 3-D movies could be so much fun.
    Haller: The fun is watching her.

& Frank: Well, you can’t bring it to the cops, ’cause he’s your client. And you can’t take it to the DA, ’cause you’d lose your license.
    Haller: Worse. Any evidence we found would be inadmissible*. Attorney-client privilege. It would ruin any case they could ever have against him. That’s why that son of a bitch hired me. He’s got me in his trick bag.

& Maggie: Being married to you sucked, but it beat being your car service.

& Haller: You know what I used to be afraid of, Maggie?
    Maggie: Yeah. Me.
    Haller: That I wouldn’t recognize innocence. That it would be right there in front of me and I just wouldn’t see it. I’m not talking about guilty or not guilty, just innocence, you know?.. You know what I’m afraid of now?.. Evil. Pure evil.

& Haller: How many times have you been arrested, Mr. Corliss?
    Corliss: About seven times in LA. A couple more in Phoenix and New York, if you want to count those.

& Haller: Dwayne. Mind if I call you that?
    Corliss: Sure, man. Wow on the assistant.

& Detective Lankford: I don’t get you, Haller. Whose side are you on, anyway?

& Earl: I’m sorry, boss. Look, I stepped away for half a minute, all right? You can take the ticket out of my pay.
    Haller: You don’t make enough. This one’s on me. Let’s roll.

& Haller: I need you to do me a favor.
    Val: You need a favor? Okay. You got more balls than a Chinese ping-pong tournament.

& Louis Roulet: Why don’t you just shoot me right now?
    Haller: I don’t think I’ll have to. ... Hospital, not the morgue.

& Haller: Breaking and entering, huh? Just like your son.

& Earl: Nobody till somebody shoots you.

& Eddie: I think we earned a little discount. Say, half your fee.
    Haller: I tell you what, Eddie. How about I do this one for free?
    Earl: Are you sure you’re feeling all right?
    Haller: Repeat customers, Earl. We’ll stick it to them next time.


-- Dict:
inadmissible — неприемлемый; недопустимый


+ on Imdb.

The Lincoln Lawyer
__ Not bad.
+! Marisa Tomei as Maggie McPherson.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий