2 мар. 2023 г.

The Surplus

The Office 5×9


Oscar Martinez: You can see clearly on this page that we have a surplus of $4,300.
Michael Scott: Okay.
Oscar Martinez: But we have to spend that by the end of the day or it will be deducted from next year's budget.
Michael Scott: Why don't you explain this to me like I'm five?
Oscar Martinez: Your mommy and daddy gave you $10 to open up a lemonade stand...

Pam Beesly: Oscar, no. This is not the time for one of your principled stands.
Oscar Martinez: Pam, you make more copies than anyone.
Pam Beesly: Exactly. That should tell you how terrible the chairs are.
Michael Scott: Okay. Okay. Good suggestions. All good suggestions. Let's just decide and agree upon one.

Andy Bernard: Dwight, I'm a little concerned about some of these directions to Schrute Farms.
Dwight Schrute: Do tell.
Andy Bernard: I mean, like, "156 paces from the light red mailbox, make a left. Walk until you hear the bee hive."
Dwight Schrute: How could it be more clear?

Pam Beesly: Look, I really need this new chair. I mean seriously. How is it possible that in five years, I've had two engagement rings and only one chair?

Michael Scott: I'm calling because we have a stupid budget surplus and people... Everybody wants something different.
David Wallace: You want me to weigh in on a minor budget issue?
Michael Scott: No, no, no. I want you to make the decision so I'm not the bad guy.

Michael Scott: I hate disappointing just one person. And I really hate disappointing everyone. But I love Burlington Coat Factory. You go in there with $645, you are literally a king.

Michael Scott: I think we're spoiled because we don't appreciate the things that we have. You think kids in Africa have chairs? No. They sit in big piles of garbage. Do you think they have copiers? They don't have copiers. They don't even... They don't even have paper. And we are spoiled because we throw out perfectly good tiramisu because it has a little tiny hair on it.

Angela Martin: Now, I have to take care of a legal issue.

Michael Scott: Okay, you know what, why don't you guys deal with it? I am going to get up and I'm going to be out in the common area but you need to decide, otherwise I'm taking the bonus. All right?... It is a classic management tactic. You have two sides, a deadline, you know that neither of them are going to concede, what you do is you put them in a room and you just...


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий