28 мар. 2023 г.

Green Juice

The Dropout 1×3


Elizabeth Holmes: That's my weakness. I... I never think about what things look like.
Ana Arriola: I can see that.
Elizabeth Holmes: Oh. No. You don't... you don't like what I'm wearing?
Ana Arriola: You should just dress more like a CEO.
Elizabeth Holmes: I... When I was with Mark Zuckerberg at the photoshoot for Ink, he was wearing soccer sandals, flip-flops.
Ana Arriola: Yes, but you are a woman. If you wear soccer sandals to work, everyone would think that you're having a mental breakdown.

Elizabeth Holmes: I just don't wanna waste my time picking out what I'm gonna wear.
Ana Arriola: It's not a waste of time. ... Listen, how you present yourself to the world is your identity. It's-- it's your armor.

Sunny Balwani: Why the fuck do you want a car that doesn't make any noise?
Elizabeth Holmes: It's a Prius, Sunny. It's what everybody is driving.

Security Guard: Sir, you can't go in there. If you don't work in engineering, you don't go in the lab.
Rakesh Dewan: But, E-- Edmond Ku is in Nashville and he asked me to check on things. Security Guard: Employees are siloed to their own departments.
Rakesh Dewan: Well, would I be allowed to knock in Morse code?
Security Guard: I can check.

Rakesh Dewan: Hey, listen up! Important question. Did anyone else get a friend request from Elizabeth's assistant?... Damn, I thought it was just me.

Avie Tevanian: I tried to email you, but... Why don't you have email?
Don Lucas: Because I've been sued too many times.

Avie Tevanian: You're firing me from the board?
Don Lucas: I'm asking you...
Avie Tevanian: Is that what your gut's says you should do?
Don Lucas: ...to resign tonight! Tonight.
Avie Tevanian: Fine. Just... start asking questions. She is lying to you.

Ian Gibbons: So, how was Nashville?
Edmond Ku: I can't talk about it. It's... you know, NDA.
Ian Gibbons: What? Oh, this is terrible. Suddenly, everyone's on a need-to-know basis, well I need to know. I mean, my whole job is needing to know.

Edmond Ku: Is this because of what happened in Nashville?
Elizabeth Holmes: .... Nashville was an inspiring step forward. Are we done?

Elizabeth Holmes: You can't just show up at my office. You told them that you were a consultant?
Sunny Balwani: Do you want to talk about that, or the fact you're ten years away from the promises you made to the board?

Elizabeth Holmes: What is that?
Sunny Balwani: It's green juice. I bought it for you. It's healthy. If you're going to work 20 hours a day, you need to eat healthier.

Elizabeth Holmes: I think it needs a name.
Rakesh Dewan: How about Glue Bot?
Elizabeth Holmes: Edison. I'm calling it the Edison. And this is the direction that we're going in.

Ana Arriola: You know, I was trying to remember what it was I saw in you, why I came here, and... I don't know, I think I thought you were like me somehow. An outsider.
Elizabeth Holmes: I am. That's why I have to fight to keep my job.
Ana Arriola: No. That's why you have to care more. I only came here because I thought we were helping people.
Elizabeth Holmes: I can't help anybody if I don't have a company.

Elizabeth Holmes: What was your dream as a child?
Marcy: As a child? No, I don't think I had any dreams as a child.
Elizabeth Holmes: That sounds nice...
Marcy: What does?
Elizabeth Holmes: Not knowing what you wanna do with your life.
Marcy: It's not nice, it's scary.
Elizabeth Holmes: Why are you scared? You can do anything. Anything that you want.
Marcy: Thank... you?
Elizabeth Holmes: Because it... it doesn't really matter. Right? Nothing you do will matter because you don't really care. I mean, you... you have no ambition. You don't wanna do anything important. You're just a person.

Don Lucas: Ah, Elizabeth. You are here because we, collectively, have lost confidence in your ability to continue on as CEO of this company. You have misrepresented the revenue stream. You have been unable to manage research and development. You have continuously, time after time, missed deadlines, resulting in the withdrawal of our contracts from pharmaceutical companies, including, we just found out, Pfizer. ... Your design team has resigned. And, last but not least, this... this man, Richard Fuisz, has filed a competing patent. This is a mess... I mean, you have to understand where we're coming from here. You need adult supervision.

Elizabeth Holmes: You're right. I am in over my head. I'm just a girl who had a dream to change the world, and I just didn't realize how hard it was gonna be. I need help. You're absolutely right. I need adult supervision...


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий