20 мар. 2023 г.

Lock and Key

Peaky Blinders 6×6


Lizzie: You ARE cursed, Tommy. Never to understand the limits that other people will accept. Never to be allowed in where everybody else is. A curse never to be lifted.

Charlie: Mum, I'll come with you. I'd rather be with you. Wherever it is. You're not my mum... but you're more my mum than he's my dad. He's never here.

Tommy: Charlie, you can take him, eh? They have stables at this new place. After a while, he'll... He'll listen to you. He'll forget about Ruby. That's how horses are.

Charlie: Dad... Where will you go?

Uncle Charlie: Arthur tells me when they were taking care of some business at the betting shop, you ran away.
Duke: It was unfair.
Uncle Charlie: Fairness is not a soldier's concern. You do what you do.
Duke: I already have done. Fair and square. I have killed a man.
Uncle Charlie: Tommy's always right...

Uncle Charlie: Just one more thing we need to know about you... Can you keep a secret?

Arthur: You don't need anything, do you?
Tommy: No, I don't need anything. I don't need anything. How long have we been dead for, eh? You and me, how long? At least now I'll have a certificate. Wherever it is, I'll get the drinks in and I'll wait for you.

Tommy: When everyone is taken care of financially, I will take myself away. On my own. I don't want anyone... anyone who may or may not love me... to have to see me crawl... or grow insane and helpless. It would be a cruelty to me and to them. By the time people know the truth, I will be gone.

Tommy: ... £5 million!
Arthur: Oh, five fucking million?
Tommy: Which I will share among the Shelby family. And that will be my legacy. Instead of me, there will be money. Because for most of the people who are close to me, that is what I am! Fucking money. That is my agency.

Tommy: Oh, and, Finn, by the way, please explain to, erm, what's her name?
Finn: Mary.
Tommy: Mary?
Finn: Yes.
Tommy: Is it Mary? Please explain to Mary that you are a Shelby. It says it here on the back of your watch... Have a look, Shelby. Look. This means you own the watch, the watch doesn't own you. The clock strikes six when you fucking tell it to. Have a whiskey. Enjoy the party, boys.

Michael: Do you want a fucking bloodbath, Gina? I know about the new boy. I've decided that the illegitimate son is not a threat. My decision. Only Arthur.
Gina: Michael, baby... everything's been agreed. Everybody wants the same things.

Gina: Deep down, Arthur and Tommy want to be dead anyway. On Sunday, we'll just... give them what they want.

Tommy: And to answer your question... No. No, I'm not upset that my wife left me. And, yeah, if you want to fuck, I'll fuck. But you'll have to cross the floor cos I refuse to fuck on Tory benches.

Oswald Mosley: Mr Shelby. I was going to have this delivered to you, but I decided to bring it in person. It's an invitation to mine and Diana's wedding. It's in Berlin. We're going to get married in the presence of the Fuhrer himself.

Michael: My name is not fucking Mickey, there is no fucking God, and Tommy will be here.

Finn: Why don't you turn the fucking lights on, eh?
Duke: Well, there's no longer any power in the house of Thomas Shelby.

Duke: We can do whatever we want in this house. It's got a death sentence.

O'Donnell: It's just a pity you didn't have the guts to shoot him face to face.
Michael: My mother was a Gypsy. She saw the future. She always said it won't be a bullet that'll kill Tommy Shelby.

Duke: You are no longer a member of this Shelby family. By order of the Peaky fucking Blinders.

Arthur: Her name was Elizabeth Gray. She was my Aunt Polly. My Aunt Polly.
Laura McKee: Vengeance is for the Lord...
Arthur: Not in Small Heath, it ain't.

Michael: You killed her.
Tommy: Polly made her own choices, Michael.
Michael: No... No-one close to you makes a choice without your opinion, Tom. Not Arthur, not me, not Ada. We can't escape you. Your lethal hand is always on our shoulders.

Michael: Mum... it's done. It's over. And may God forgive me.

Alfie: All right, Tommy? How are you keeping?
Tommy: You know, Alfie... so many people, so many times going to so much trouble to kill me. I'm fucking dying anyway.
Alfie: We're all dying anyway.
Tommy: No. Not a bullet, not a bomb, not a knife.
Alfie: Is it clap? Is it clap?
Tommy: No, not even that noble.

Alfie: Are you saying you're just going to die in your bed?
Tommy: I'm not going to die in bed, Alfie. Who fucking dies in bed?
Alfie: Good people die in their bed, Tommy. Good people.
Tommy: Good people, eh?
Alfie: Hmm.
Tommy: Good people... And yet here we are, Alfie, after all this time, just you and me.

Tommy: Well, Alfie, your opera is complete. Shall we go and witness the final act?

Tommy: Well, at least I can say that, er... I am one of those rare politicians who actually makes good on his promises. Country estate, requisitioned to make way for houses for working people. I improved my own home with good intentions and 1,500lb of dynamite.

Tommy: I'd like to raise a toast. A simple toast. To family... Sometimes it is shelter from the storm. Sometimes it is the storm itself.

Ada: Tommy, you tell me right now, where are you going?
Tommy: You have to carry the bucket on your own this time, Ada.
Ada: Tommy, you come to me with everything. You always come to me.
Tommy: Not this time. Not this one, sister.

Tommy: In the bleak midwinter...

Tommy: I'm guessing you people all decided that the only person who could ever kill Tommy Shelby is Tommy Shelby himself.

Tommy: The eleventh hour. Armistice. Peace at last. Peace at last...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий