25 мар. 2023 г.

Backwash

The Wire 2×7


Florist: We can do that in white, or red, or pink carnations.
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: Pink?
Florist: Your boy was too fierce for the pink?
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: No, he wasn't all that. But when you stand with a nigger, you stand with him to the end otherwise... otherwise you ain't nothing.

Florist: How your boy fall?
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: Hung himself. Over at The Cut, strung himself up. Judge ran wild on his ass, gave him 20. I guess he couldn't handle all them years, you know? It's a weak-ass nigger when you think about it. But it ain't no reason to drag his name down no further, you know?

Sgt. Jay Landsman: You cloned a what?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A computer.
Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell: We can watch how the cargo comes off the ship in real time, try to follow the contraband, see where it leads.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: We're running a 25-murder-a-month MASH Unit here and you guys wanna slow things down a bit and do a bit of brain surgery. If Rawls comes walking through here and sees the two of you hunched over playing video games on 14 open murders, he's gonna fuckin' blow!

Nick Sobotka: Hey, Frog. Come here... No, seriously. Come here... First of all, and I don't know how to tell you this without hurting you deeply. First of all, you happen to be white. I'm talking raised-on-Rappolla-Street white, where your mama used to drag you to St. Casimir's just like all the other little pisspants on the block. Second, I'm also white. Not, hang-on-the-corner-don't-give-a-fuck white but Locust-Point-IBS-Local-47 white. I don't work without no fucking contract and I don't stand around listening to horseshit excuses like my cousin Ziggy, ... You go in your pocket, come up with 500 in advance and the 210 that you owe to Zig, you can work my package.

Det. Ellis Carver: We need a bug.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Something that can stand up to the pressures of the modern urban crime environment.

Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Hey, Carver. Isn't technology the fucking bomb, huh?

Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: What if they're not sneaking anything off this time? What then?
Det. Lester Freamon: Tragically, you will have wasted another day in a life you've already misspent in the service of the city of Baltimore.

A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: You need to do better for a wiretap. Read your annotated code. Wiretap Statute, Subsection 10, 406 designates crimes where telephone calls can be intercepted in the great state of Maryland. Prostitution? Uh-uh.
Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell: You mean, you can tap a guy's phone if he's selling drugs but not if he's selling women?
A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: That's the law.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: We need to bring in the Lieutenant, his detail and all the manpower and toys that go with it. And Daniels listens when you talk. You got the smell of wisdom on you, brother. Now, look. We all got roles to play.
Det. Lester Freamon: What's your role?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.
Det. Lester Freamon: You give yourself too much credit.v Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: OK, then. I ain't all that humble.

Thomas 'Horseface' Pakusa: Don't worry, kid, you're still on the clock.

Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: It just couldn't stand up to the modern urban crime environment, man.

Elena McNulty: I don't trust you. I can care about you and I can want us to be friends and if you give me enough time, Jimmy, maybe I will actually want you to be happy. But how the hell am I supposed to trust you?

Lt. Cedric Daniels: I love the job, Marla. I can't help it.
Marla Daniels: The job doesn't love you.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: You know what I love? The mind that's always a step ahead of me, the person who never stops thinking it through. That's what I fell in love with first.
Marla Daniels: Do you know what I fell in love with first? Do you? Your ambition. Where did that man go?


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий