11 мар. 2023 г.

Sentencing

The Wire 1×13


Det. Ellis Carver: Fished our limit. Let's go home.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Sir.
Det. Ellis Carver: Huh?
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: "Let's go home, sir." You're looking at a soon-to-be-made sergeant. What I'm saying is, when we're around troops, get used to showing respect. So, "Let's go home, sir." All right?

D'Angelo Barksdale: Y'all don't understand, man. Y'all don't get it. I grew up in this shit. My grandfather was Butch Stamford. You know who Butch Stamford was in this town?... All my people, man, my father, my uncles, my cousins... It's just what we do. You just live with this shit until you can't breathe no more. I swear to God, I was courtside for eight months and I was freer in jail than I was at home.
A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: What are you looking for?
D'Angelo Barksdale: I want it to go away.

FBI Spec. Agent Arnold D. Paulette: The trouble is, we have these post-9/11 protocols. We can't pick up any new narcotics work unless it goes to priority crime targets.
FBI Supervisor Amanda Reese: Meaning Cosa Nostra or Colombians. Or Russians maybe...

FBI Supervisor Amanda Reese: We have a mandate to pursue political corruption.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Can you believe these guys?.. Drugs and murder don't cut it anymore? How about terrorism? These guys have dropped 14, 15 bodies. The witnesses, cooperators.
FBI Spec. Agent Arnold D. Paulette: That kind of hyperbole doesn't serve anyone, Detective.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: West Baltimore is dying and you empty suits are running around trying to pin some politician's pelt to the wall.

Lt. Cedric Daniels: Couple weeks from now you're gonna be in some district somewhere with 11 or 12 uniforms looking to you for everything. And some of them are going to be good police. Some of them will be stupid, a few will be pieces of shit. But all of them will take their cue from you. You show loyalty, they learn loyalty. Show them it's about the work, it will be. Show them some other kind of game, then that's the game they'll play.

Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: I want to see you land OK, Jimmy. So, tell me, where don't you want to go?...

Omar Little: All in the game, yo. All in the game.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий