8 мар. 2023 г.

The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

Siobhán Súilleabháin: Have ye been rowing?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: We haven't been rowin'. I don't think we've been rowin'. Have we been rowin'?

Pádraic Súilleabháin: Now I'm sittin' here next to you, and if you're goin' back inside, I'm followin' you inside, and if you're goin' home, I'm followin' you there, too. Now, if I've done somethin' to ya, just tell me what I've done to ya. And if I've said somethin' to ya, maybe I said somethin' when I was drunk, and I've forgotten it, but I don't think I said somethin' when I was drunk, and I've forgotten it. But if I did, then tell me what it was, and I'll say sorry for that too, Colm. With all me heart, I'll say sorry. Just stop running away from me like some fool of a moody schoolchild.
Colm Doherty: But you didn't say anything to me. And you didn't do anything to me.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: That's what I was thinking, like.
Colm Doherty: I just don't like you no more.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: You do like me.
Colm Doherty: I don't.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: But you liked me yesterday.
Colm Doherty: Oh, did I, yeah?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: I thought you did.

Colm Doherty: I just have this tremendous sense of time slippin' away on me, Padraic. And I think I need to spend the time I have left thinking and composing. Just trying not to listen to any more of the dull things that you have to say for yourself. But I'm sorry about it. I am, like.

Pádraic Súilleabháin: Are you dying?
Colm Doherty: No, I'm not dying.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: But then you've loads of time.
Colm Doherty: For chatting?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Aye.
Colm Doherty: For aimless chatting?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Not for aimless chatting. For good, normal chatting.
Colm Doherty: So, we'll keep aimlessly chatting and me life'll keep dwindling. And in 12 years, I'll die with nothin' to show for it bar the chats I've had with a limited man, is that it?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: I said, "Not aimless chatting." I said, "Good, normal chatting."

Colm Doherty: The other night, two hours you spent talking to me about the things you found in your little donkey's shite that day. Two hours, Padraic. I timed it.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Well, it wasn't me little donkey's shite, was it? It was me pony's shite, which shows how much you were listenin'.

Colm Doherty: He's dull, Siobhan.
Siobhán Súilleabháin: He's what?
Colm Doherty: He's dull.
Siobhán Súilleabháin: But he's always been dull. What's changed?
Colm Doherty: I've changed. I just don't have a place for dullness in me life anymore.
Siobhán Súilleabháin: But you live on an island off the coast of Ireland, Colm. What the hell are you hoping for, like?
Colm Doherty: For a bit of peace, Siobhan. That's all. For a bit of peace in me heart, like. You can understand that. Can't ya?

Colm Doherty: Who are they executin'?
Peadar Kearney: The Free State lads are executin' a couple of the IRA lads. Or is it the other way around? I find it hard to follow these days. Wasn't it so much easier when we was all on the same side, and it was just the English we was killin'?
Colm Doherty: I think it was.
Peadar Kearney: I preferred it.
Colm Doherty: But you don't care who's executin' who?
Peadar Kearney: For six bob and a free lunch, I don't care!
Colm Doherty: They could be executin' you...

Colm Doherty: I've decided to do is this. I have a set of shears at home. And each time you bother me from this day on, I'll take those shears and I'll take one of me fingers off with them. And I'll give that finger to ya. A finger from me left hand. Me fiddle hand. And each day you bother me more, another I'll take off and I'll give ya until you see sense enough to stop. Or until I have no fingers left. Does this make things clearer to ya?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Not really, no.

Pádraic Súilleabháin: Oh, well, anyways, do you want to know what the three things that I hate the most on Inisherin is?
Colm Doherty: Not really.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: One, policemen. Two, pudgy fiddle players. And three... Wait, I had some funny thing for three. What was it? Uh, I'll start again. One, um, policemen. Two...
Peadar Kearney: Pudgy fiddle players.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Pudgy fiddle players. And shite, what was three?

Pádraic Súilleabháin: You, Colm Doherty, do you know what you used to be?
Colm Doherty: No, Padraic, what did I used to be?
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Nice! You used to be nice! Didn't he not? And now, do you know what you are? Not nice.

Dominic Kearney: Well, there goes that dream.

Dominic Kearney: Well, I best go over there and do whatever that thing over there I was gonna do was.

Colm Doherty: I don't usually dance with me dog.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: There's no harm dancin' with your dog. I'd dance with me donkey if I knew how. And she did.

Pádraic Súilleabháin: Is it good? Your tune?... Mm, what's it called?
Colm Doherty: "The Banshees of Inisherin," I was thinking.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: But there are no banshees on Inisherin.
Colm Doherty: I know, I just like the double S-H sounds.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Aye. There's plenty of double S-H on Inisherin.
Colm Doherty: Yeah. Maybe there are banshees, too. I just don't think that they scream to portend death anymore. I think they just sit back, amused, and observe.
Pádraic Súilleabháin: Portend?
Colm Doherty: Yeah. I keep having thoughts about playing it for you at your funeral. But that wouldn't be fair on either of us, would it?

Colm Doherty: I killed a miniature donkey. It was by accident... but I do feel bad about it.
Priest: Do you think God gives a damn about miniature donkeys, Colm?
Colm Doherty: I fear he doesn't. And I fear that's where it's all gone wrong.

Priest: Is that it?
Colm Doherty: Is what it?
Priest: Aren't you forgetting a couple of things?
Colm Doherty: No, I think I've covered it.
Priest: Wouldn't you say punching a policeman is a sin?
Colm Doherty: Ah here. If punching a policeman is a sin, we may as well just pack up and go home.


++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий