5 мар. 2023 г.

Sapphire

Peaky Blinders 6×4


Tommy: We could have afforded a golden carriage. She deserved a golden carriage. But we didn't afford ourselves that luxury... Because gold doesn't work. That was the last lesson that Ruby taught us.

Tommy: The devils who did this will pay, Ruby.

Arthur: The junk, Tom... fucks you up your mind.
Tommy: You know, Arthur. You was already fucked up. You was fucked up since you were a kid. This is my theory. It's from that time I gave you a beating when you were 12 and I was nine. We were fighting over cigarettes. Maybe when I had you down on the ground, I gave you one too many to the head.

Tommy: You'll stop. You'll stop cos the family needs you to. It's like that long tunnel on the Dudley stretch. You remember Dudley canal, line number one? 3,172 yards of fucking pitch blackness and rats swimming.
Arthur: Yeah.
Tommy: Then we'd come round that corner and there'd be a shaft of light. And then we'd know.
Arthur: Yeah.
Tommy: And you and me would both know it was nearly done. That's where we are now, Arthur. Just a few more yards to go. Then you'll change your ways. And I'll change the fucking world.

Oswald Mosley: Darling, should she sing her rebel IRA song, while we wait or would that be inappropriate?
Diana Freeman-Mitford: You know I went to a meeting of similar intent to this in Berlin. Attended by the Chancellor himself... and Goering and Himmler. It lasted until the sun came up. We spoke about the future of the world in a serious way. When the first rays of light entered the room, we all stood and stared at it, as if it were the world to come. There was no singing, no giggling. And when breakfast was served on the terrace, overlooking the mountains, they brought up some Jews. And while we ate our eggs, they were forced to eat grass. And we watched as we sipped our coffee... We should all remember this is serious business.

Jack Nelson: It's me who has the ear of the President of the United States. Which is kind of why I'm here, right?
Oswald Mosley: We do, indeed, have things for you to whisper into the President's ear--
Diana Freeman-Mitford: Tell him we are England. We are the mood England is in. Laura McKee: And in Ireland, appeasers to the English abound but we represent the true liberated spirit of the country that... populated your own.

Jack Nelson: I hear about communists in both places...
Diana Freeman-Mitford: We are the bulwark against them.
Laura McKee: When it comes to the working class, we could move our people from Republicanism... to Fascism with just a nudge. They trust us.

Oswald Mosley: Prove it to him. Prove it physically... Perish Judah.
Tommy: ... Perish Judah.

Karl: At school, they've stopped talking to me. They say the black rubs off... When they come to power, they'll take her off you. They're going to separate us all out. They'll send her to Africa.
Ada: Yeah? And where will they send you? Where will they send you, Karl? You're half Gypsy, so... to Egypt maybe? Something I never told you before... because it wasn't important. Maybe now, it is... Your dad was Jewish. He was the son of a tailor in Stechford. They changed their name to Thorne to stop the bricks coming through the window. So, where will they send you, Karl?

Tommy: I'm typing up my recollection of the meeting. If I... if I do it straight away, I can quote people word for word. The information is more... useful to Mr Churchill if it is word for word.

Gina: How did you know I'd come here?
Tommy: I know things. I read people's minds, you know. Little glances across tables. It's a gift.
Gina: The whole family... witches and sorcerers.

Gina: ... And if I lie?
Tommy: I will know.

Gina: You know Michael thinks you're the devil... and I think he might actually be right.
Tommy: That was the other reason I came here. What are Michael's real intentions toward me, Gina? And if you lie, I will know.
Gina: Tommy... he intends to complete the deal. And then, you both walk away...... Fuck.

Tommy: How bad will it get?

Tommy: How long?

Tommy: I want an answer. ... How long before I need people around me, who love me very much?

Doctor Holford: I will telephone you, when I get back to London.
Tommy: No, I don't have enough time. You're an accountant, give me a fucking number now.
Doctor Holford: ... One year. Perhaps 18 months.
Tommy: That's fine. That's all I need to know. I will adjust my finances accordingly. Thank you.

Lizzie: Something serious?
Tommy: No, no, just a... just a bill I wasn't expecting and I... I'll have to pay it.

Tommy: Not a devil... just an ordinary mortal man.

Tommy: Polly. Just give me enough time to do what I have to do.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий