14 мар. 2023 г.

The Road to Hell

Peaky Blinders 6×5


Tommy: I would like a pot of green tea. Please.

Tommy: You tell the pub and cafe owners in Montague Street... if there is any further trade in powder, there will be no more Montague Street. I will have it demolished and replaced by apartments. By order of Birmingham Urban District Council.

Tommy: Everyone... this here is Erasmus.
Duke: Nobody calls me that.
Tommy: They call him Duke.

Tommy: There are some mistakes I've made... that I can never address... and some I can. Some wounds I can try to heal.
Lizzie: And new wounds you can open up.
Tommy: Anyway... that's the business of the day.
Ada: Is it too early for whisky?

Arthur: There you go. Shelby breakfast for you, son.
Duke: I don't drink. And I'm not a Shelby, all right? I'm a Duke.

Tommy: Arthur, open up the shop, put the kid here on the blackboard, writing up the odds.
Duke: I can't write.
Tommy: Put the kid on the blackboard, wiping off the chalk.

Tommy: Soon, Mr Stagg... when my last piece of business is done... I will indeed... be an ordinary mortal man. You have a good day.

Tommy: I know she's here with us.
Lizzie: Always.
Tommy: But still, it's just you and me.

Lizzie: There was a time when we'd say nothing afterwards because we didn't have to say anything. But now we've got nothing left to say.

Jack Nelson: Only information leading to the murder of Arthur Shelby will save you from an Italian death. Cos it was the Italians that taught me that above God, above children, above his wife and above his mother... most of all, a man loves his balls.

Linda: It's in there somewhere, Arthur. It's like a song. Somewhere. Together, we'll find it. Digging for the words will help clean your soul. I'll begin it... Forgive me my sins, oh, Lord, forgive me my sins. The sins of my youth.
Arthur: The sins of my youth, the sins of my age, the sins of my soul.
Linda: The sins of my body.
Arthur: The sins I know, the sins I know not. The sins I have concealed for so long. For so fu... For so long.

Tommy: Before you go, do you want to know the truth about yourself?
Duke: No. Who does?

Tommy: Well... I am the Duke, it was my watch. I am your father. That's the truth. When her dad found out, he shot me in the chest with a squirrel gun. A scar and a stolen watch and a story she made up. That's all you need to know about yourself before you get on the road.

Tommy: I have a future for you, Duke.
Duke: You already have a son.
Tommy: My business has two sides. Light and dark. I'll need someone for each.
Duke: And I'm dark, am I?
Tommy: I have realised we don't get to choose which one we are. Dark knows dark. And my affairs, both light and dark... will need settling soon.

Tommy: Curly? Find a shovel for the Duke of the Saxon Shore here. Get him shovelling shit.

Diana Freeman-Mitford: In the interests of absolute clarity, that is simply the English aristocracy's way of shaking hands. So... Welcome.

Lizzie: When you're ready, I want you to tell me everything that's going on. It's like the clock's stopped ticking and I'm waiting for the bomb to explode. We are in that quiet minute. Tommy?...
Tommy: That's where we live now.

Oswald Mosley: She doesn't deserve you, Mr Shelby...
Tommy: You know the thing is, Mosley... you're right. You're right, she doesn't deserve me. She doesn't deserve what I am. She doesn't deserve what I will become.
Jack Nelson: What will you become?
Tommy: The truth is, I belong here, at this table. With fuckers like you. She doesn't. For all I try to hide it... I'm just one of you. Could there be a sadder ending, eh?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий