13 мар. 2023 г.

Ebb Tide

The Wire 2×1


Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Fucking white boys, I fucking love 'em.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Yeah?
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Dumb as a box of rocks.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Who?
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: White boys. The braindeads in my Kane Street case. I call and tell him I wanna buy drugs. You know what he says? "OK, I'll sell you drugs. How much drugs do you want?" I swear to God, Kima, they don't code it, they don't ask for a meet, nothing. Then when you make the deal, there's no bullshit. It's the guy himself saying, "I brought the drugs. Did you bring the money?" I have much respect for black people after working with these idiots for two weeks. For white boys to sell drugs here, they have to make different laws, even it out for them.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Affirmative action.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Leave no white man behind.

Avon Barksdale: This ain't no thing, man, know what I mean? You come in here, you get your mind right. You do two days. It's the day you come in this motherfucker...
Russell 'Stringer' Bell: And the day you get out this motherfucker.
Avon Barksdale: That's right. Exactly.

Sergei 'Serge' Malatov: Why am I Boris? I don't understand this. Everywhere I am Boris.
Chester 'Ziggy' Sobotka: Shit, you're Russian, right?
Sergei 'Serge' Malatov: No, Ukraine. Kiev is Ukraine.
Chester 'Ziggy' Sobotka: It's the same difference.
Sergei 'Serge' Malatov: No, you're wrong.
Chester 'Ziggy' Sobotka: What's the matter? You don't like being called Boris?
Sergei 'Serge' Malatov: Sergei.
Chester 'Ziggy' Sobotka: No way! Boris is way better. It's like the guy from the cartoon... Boris and Natasha? Bullwinkle, man. Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You sold them on that?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Rawls did. He called up the Colonel, said, "You got one hell of a murder on your hands." It's all about self-preservation, Jimmy. That's something you never learned.

Sgt. Jay Landsman: McNulty...
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: Fucking Jimmy. Fucking with us for the fun of it. I gotta give the son of a bitch some credit for wit on this one.

Sgt. Jay Landsman: Fucking McNulty. The Prince of Tides.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий