23 мар. 2023 г.

All Prologue

The Wire 2×6


Guard: Mars is the god of war, right?
Omar Little: Planet, too.
Guard: I know it's a planet. But the clue is "Greek god of war."
Omar Little: Ares. Greeks called him Ares. Same dude, different name, is all.
Guard: Ares fits. Thanks.
Omar Little: It's all good. See, back in middle school and all, I used to love them myths. That stuff was deep. Truly.

State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: And what is your occupation?
Omar Little: Occupation?
State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: What exactly do you do for a living, Mr. Little?
Omar Little: I rip and run.
State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: You...
Omar Little: I robs drug dealers.

State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: And exactly how long has this been your occupation, Mr. Little?
Omar Little: I don't know exactly. I venture to say maybe about eight or nine years.
State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
Omar Little: Day at a time, I suppose.

Det. Ellis Carver: Yo, I'm Thomas. You want a coffee?
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Listen, I was gonna ask her for her panties to make some soup with, but I was afraid she'd take it the wrong way.

Spiros 'Vondas' Vondopoulos: Niko... Eton is my friend. It's good to have friends meet, no?
Nick Sobotka: Eton, huh? That's from the Greek, meaning what?
Spiros 'Vondas' Vondopoulos: No Greek. Israeli.
Nick Sobotka: Oh. Yeah? 'Cause you look Greek, no offense. Either way, I mean...

Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are amoral, are you not? You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city! You are a parasite who leeches off--
Omar Little: Just like you, man.
Maurice 'Maury' Levy: Excuse me?! What?
Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game, though, right?

Lt. Cedric Daniels: So what's the plan?
Det. Lester Freamon: The database on this computer has records for every ship that berthed at Patapsco over the last two years. We gotta go back and find what other cans might've disappeared like that. See if there's a pattern.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: How many ships we talking about?
Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell: Hundreds.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: It ain't like I got a prayer of bringing this case in otherwise.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You really see him shoot the man?
Omar Little: You really asking?

D'Angelo Barksdale: [Fitzgerald]'s saying that the past is always with us. And where we come from, what we go through, how we go through it, all this shit matters. I mean, that's what I thought he meant. ... Like at the end of the book, you know? Boats and tides and all. It's like you can change up, right? You can say you're somebody new, you can give yourself a whole new story. But what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It don't matter some fool say he different. The only thing that make you different is what you do or what you go through.
     Like, you know, like all them books in his library. Now, he fronting with all them books, but if we pull one down off the shelf, ain't none of the pages ever been opened. He got all them books and he ain't read near one of them. Gatsby, he was who he was and he did what he did, and 'cause he wasn't ready to get real with the story, that shit caught up to him. I think, anyway.

Elena McNulty: Just wine, huh?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'm not drinking much anymore.
Elena McNulty: No Jameson's? Maybe a quick fuck with the waitress, then.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: OK, I deserve that one, too, even though I'm not doing much of that anymore either. Anything else?
Elena McNulty: I'm sorry. I don't know where it still comes from. It's been a year.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You deserve to be angry. What's the point, though?
Elena McNulty: How's work?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: What, so we talk about everything in my life that pisses you off? Drinking, women, the work?
Elena McNulty: Just trying to make conversation.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий