8 мая 2020 г.

The Lion King (2019)

Scar: Life's not fair... is it, my little friend? While some are born to feast... others spend their lives in the dark, begging for scraps. The way I see it... you and I are exactly the same. We both want to find a way out.

Simba: All of this will belong to me?
Mufasa: It belongs to no one, but will be yours to protect. A great responsibility.

Mufasa: You must not go there, Simba.
Simba: But I thought a king could do whatever he wants. Take any territory.
Mufasa: While others search for what they can take... a true king searches for what he can give.

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance... and respect all the creatures... from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.

Mufasa: Simba, you can't escape your destiny.

Simba: I just wanted to show you I could do it. That I could be brave like you.
Mufasa: I'm only brave when I have to be, when there's no other choice.
Simba: But you're not scared of anything.
Mufasa: I was today.
Simba: You were?
Mufasa: Yes. I thought I might lose you.
Simba: I guess even kings get scared, huh?
Mufasa: More than you could ever know.

Mufasa: Look at the stars. The great kings of the past... look down on us from those stars. ... So whenever you feel alone... just remember that those kings... will always be up there to guide you. And so will I.
Simba: But I can't see them, Dad.
Mufasa: Keep looking, son. Keep looking...


Timon: So, how are you, in as few words as possible?

Simba: I did something terrible. I don't wanna talk about it.
Pumbaa: Look, kid, we've all made mistakes. Uh, there must be something we can do, right?
Simba: Not unless you can change the past.
Timon: Well, you know, that's a lot to ask...
Pumbaa: That's a biggie.
Timon: ...if I'm being honest. I mean, change the past? It already happened. Yeah, so you can't change that. But you know what you can change? The future! That's our specialty.
Pumbaa: Kind of our thing.
Simba: How can you change something that hasn't happened?
Timon: Well, to change the future, you gotta put your past behind you.
Pumbaa: Way behind.

Timon: Look, kid, bad things happen and you can't do anything about it, right?
Simba: Right.
Timon: Wrong! When the world turns its back on you... you turn your back on the world!
Pumbaa: And only embrace what's next!
Timon: And turn the "what" into "so what?"

Timon: Repeat after me, kid. Hakuna matata.

Pumbaa: Do you ever look up there and wonder what those sparkly dots are?
Timon: Oh, Pumbaa. I don't wonder. I know. ... They're fireflies. Fireflies that got stuck on that big, bluish-black thing.
Pumbaa: Oh. I guess that makes sense. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
Timon: Oh, Pumbaa, why is everything always gas with you?

Nala: You have to take your place as king.
Pumbaa: King? Simba? We kneel before you as loyal servants.
Timon: Pumbaa, relax. She's wrong.
Pumbaa: Lady, you've got your lions crossed.

Timon: Hyenas everywhere.
Pumbaa: I hope it's a quick death. You know, just not a lot of chewing.
Timon: What's your plan for getting us past the slobbering guards?
Simba: Live bait.
Pumbaa: That's a great idea! Those guys could never resist fresh meat. So all we need to do is find something that's, like, big... and plump, and juicy. Maybe like a gnu?.... Why is everyone looking at me?

Timon: It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure... that we proudly present... your dinner. Be our guests!

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ nostradamvs: «...покадровый римейк. Миленько, скучненько, видимо, я уже не в том возрасте, чтобы проявлять восторг. Надо было смотреть на видаке в 1990-е, было бы самое то...»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий