18 мая 2020 г.

Ronin (1998)

Deirdre: What were you doing back here?
Sam: Lady, I never walk into a place I don't know how to walk out of.
Deirdre: Then why would you get into that van?
Sam: You know the reason.

Spence: You ever kill anybody?
Sam: I hurt somebody's feelings once.

Sam: You labor or management?
Vincent: If I was management, I wouldn't have given you a cigarette.

Deirdre: I see you're reviewin' our problem...
Sam: Well, either you're part of the problem, part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.
Deirdre: Indeed.

Sam: The only thing is that the map... the map is not the territory. Let's go look at the ground.

It would be nice to do something...
Sam: We are doing something. We're sitting here, waiting.

Sam: So how did you get started in this business?
Deirdre: A wealthy scoundrel seduced and betrayed me.
Sam: Same with me. How 'bout that?

Vincent: What do you want for Christmas?
Sam: My two front teeth.
Vincent: May your wish be granted.

Sam: Everyone's your brother until the rent comes due.


Vincent: Are you sure you can do this?
Sam: Yeah. I once removed a guy's appendix with a grapefruit spoon.

Sam: If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass out.

Jean-Pierre: The 47 ronin, do you know it?.. 47 samurai whose master was betrayed and killed by another lord. They became ronin, masterless samurai, disgraced by another man's treachery. For three years they plotted, pretending to be thieves, mercenaries, even madmen.
Sam: That I didn't have time to do.
Jean-Pierre: And then one night they struck, slipping into the castle of their lord's betrayer, killing him.
Sam: Nice. I like that. My kind of job.
Jean-Pierre: There's something more. All 47 of them committed seppuku, ritual suicide, in the courtyard of the castle.
Sam: Well, that I don't like so much.
Jean-Pierre: But you understand it?
Sam: What do you mean, I understand it?
Jean-Pierre: The warrior code, the delight in the battle. You understand that, yes? But also something more. You understand there is something outside yourself that has to be served. And when that need is gone, when belief has died, what are you? A man without a master.
Sam: Right now I'm a man without a pay checque.

Jean-Pierre: The ronin could have hired themselves to new masters. They could have fought for themselves. But they chose honor. They chose myth.
Sam: They chose wrong. Seppu... Seppu... what?
Jean-Pierre: Yes, seppuku. Disembowelment. The sword goes in here...

Sam: Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you.
Vincent: Who taught you?
Sam: I don't remember. That's the second thing they teach you.

Sam: All good things come to those who wait.

Vincent: So where does he go?
Sam: You go to what you know...

Vincent: No questions, no answers. That's the business we're in. You accept it and move on. Maybe that's lesson number three.'

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий