12 мая 2020 г.

The Decameron (1971)

Sicilian lady: Naples is no place to be wandering at night.

Thieve: Why so afraid? Think the dead man will eat you? Dead men don't bite.

Old Gardener: Work is fine, but it shouldn't kill you.

Old Gardener: Those nuns seem to have the very devil in them! You were right to leave. A man shouldn't be surrounded by women.

Nun 1: He can hear the call of hunger!
Nun 2: He can't talk, but his mouth's still moving!
Nun 3: Stuffing yourself on the soup we poor little nuns make?

Nun 4: With him we don't have to worry. You see? He's a simpleton. He can't tell anyone. What do you think?
Nun 5: What are you saying? Don't you know we've pledged our virginity to God?
Nun 4: We make promises to God every day that we never keep!
Nun 5: And what if we get pregnant?
Nun 4: Why worry about trouble before it comes? Every ill has its remedy.

Masetto of Lamporecchio: Ma'am, everyone knows one cock can satisfy ten hens... but that ten men can barely satisfy one woman. And I have to satisfy nine! Either I leave or we figure out another way.

Peronella: Scrape it clean, husband. Let's do things right. Higher... Lower... That's the spot. It's still dirty there... Take your time. We can't pass up this great deal... my love. Keep going! Keep scraping till I'm satisfied!... Where could anyone find a husband like you?


Musciatto: My dear Ciappelletto, things aren't going well. You've done everything you could possibly do here. You've committed every forgery possible. You've killed people. You've raped women. You've blasphemed against God and all the saints. You're even a bit queer. In short, my boy, it's time you go away for a while.

Caterina's Dad: Let's go see how our Caterina slept with her nightingale... Giacomina, get up! Come see your daughter! She caught the nightingale in her hand!

Caterina's Dad: If he wants to leave here alive, he'll have to marry her now. His nightingale will be for her cage alone, and no one else's. Wake up, you miserable pair!

Meuccio: What I mean is... is your soul damned to hellfire?
Tingoccio: Not yet... but because of my terrible sins, my sentence is heavy, and I suffer greatly.
Meuccio: Is punishment the same for all?
Tingoccio: No, some burn in fire, some are boiled in water. Others freeze in ice, and others sink in shit.

Meuccio: May I ask a question? For all your screwing around, how were you punished?
Tingoccio: What can I say? When I got there, I met someone who knew every one of my sins. I thought that for all my sins with my girlfriend, my punishment would be worse. I was shaking with fear. Someone asked why I was so afraid, and I said... “I'm guilty of terrible sins with my girlfriend. We did it so much that I'm here now.” They just laughed. “Fool! Don't be afraid. Here we have nothing against screwing around.”

Allievo di Giotto: Why complete a work when it's so beautiful just to dream it?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий