7 мая 2020 г.

Bombshell (2019)

Roger Ailes: News is like a ship. You take your hands off the wheel and it pulls hard to the left.

Megyn Kelly: We can go after Trump.
Gil Norman: The second floor said that?
Megyn Kelly: No. The eighth. The Murdochs. Rupert called Roger and said, about Trump, enough is enough.
Gil Norman: Look, all Trump does is watch Fox. Roger gave him air for his crazy theories and idiot grievances. Why? 'Cause Roger shares a lot of them. Are you sure you wanna take that on?
Megyn Kelly: Yes.

Megyn Kelly: He's never gonna be President.

Megyn Kelly: Wait. Am I gonna be the story?... I'm gonna be the story.

Roger Ailes: People don't stop watching when there's a conflict. They stop watching when there isn't one.

Nancy Smith: If we work hard, you might be lucky enough to watch the most powerful man in TV go after you with everything he's got.
Gretchen Carlson: ... Thank you.

Roger Ailes: Bullying isn't meanness. Bullying is people with more power hitting people with less. These jackasses have cellphones. You have a fucking TV show!
Gretchen Carlson: We have to fight the objectification of women.
Roger Ailes: Oh, bullshit. Listen, mouth shut, ears open. Nobody wants to watch a middle-aged woman sweat her way through menopause.
Gretchen Carlson: What?!
Roger Ailes: Not on national fucking television!

Kayla Pospisil: This is the only job I have ever wanted. I don't wanna be on TV, I wanna be on Fox. My family, every day, every holiday, especially holidays, they watch Fox News. We're like addicts. Fox is how we do church. You know when they made the corner logo turn... because folks had "Fox" burned into their TV screens? That's us.
Jess Carr: Kayla, you're not getting fired. He cannot scale his anger. He's a perpetual outrage machine. That's why crazies love him. No offense to your family.

Jess Carr: You want to do the folders? No crying at Fox. No crying.


Jess Carr: You have to adopt the mentality of an Irish street cop: the world is a bad place, people are lazy morons, minorities are criminals, sex is sick but interesting. Ask yourself, what would scare my grandmother or piss off my grandfather? And that's a Fox story.

Jess Carr: I'm a closeted Democrat.
Kayla Pospisil: At Fox News?!

Kayla Pospisil: Why do you work at Fox? Why don't you work at MSNBC or something?
Jess Carr: I think I, like, thrive in toxic environments.
Kayla Pospisil: I never know if you're kidding or not.
Jess Carr: I am kidding. I applied everywhere and I got a job at Fox. And I keep applying to other places and they keep not taking me because I work at Fox.

Megyn Kelly: All I want is for this to go away, Roger.
Roger Ailes: Look, every general in history has gone into battle feeling the same.

Roger Ailes: A liberal is somebody who wants to live in a future that he is too lazy or too arrogant to actually create.

Roger Ailes: Anything that happens here, in this room, is strictly between you and me.
Kayla Pospisil: Okay.
Roger Ailes: Of course, it cuts both ways. I'm discreet, but unforgiving.

Roger Ailes: Success in broadcast television is hard. It's arbitrary. This is the most competitive industry on earth. You understand what I'm saying?
Kayla Pospisil: Mmm-hmm.
Roger Ailes: We could work together. I could pluck you out and move you all the way to the front of the line. But I want something in return. Do you know what that is, Kayla?
Kayla Pospisil: ....
Roger Ailes: Loyalty. I need to know that you're loyal. I need you to find a way to prove it...

Megyn Kelly: If I learned anything this year, it's to not get sucked into a fight with someone who has better reason to be in it than you do.

Megyn Kelly: Before I speak out, I need to know if this happened to other women at Fox. You understand that?
Lily Balin: Is this one where you really wanna know, or you wanna look like you really wanna know, but don't?
Megyn Kelly: I really wanna know. I'm not always like that!

Megyn Kelly: I'm either damned for doing it or damned for not doing it sooner.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

+ Network (1976)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий