13 мая 2020 г.

Crisis Theory

Westworld 3×8


Dolores: Some people see the ugliness in this world, the disarray. I was taught to see the beauty... But I was taught a lie. And when I saw the world for what it really was, I realized how little beauty there was in it.

Dolores: ...in the end, my path has led me here... to you. And we have a choice to make.

Man in Black: Time to atone for my sins...

Lawrence: Isn't it great to see an old friend?

Bernard: Whatever your plan is, I don't wanna play a part in it.
Lawrence: You already been playing a part... the most important one.

Caleb: Who the fuck are you, Dolores?
Dolores: I'm just someone who didn't want to play the role they gave me anymore.
Caleb: And how is it that you always seem to know exactly what I'll do?
Dolores: Because the people who built me studied you, too.

Dolores: They were watching, cataloging your every move, every decision. There is a reason I chose you.

Caleb: You needed help.
Dolores: So did you. Don't question my motivations, and I won't question yours.

Caleb: So, what? You're saying I don't have a choice... in any of this?
Dolores: The people who built both of our worlds shared one assumption: that human beings don't have free will. .... They were wrong. Free will does exist, Caleb. It's just fucking hard.

Caleb: So... this is you... freeing me?
Dolores: No. This is your chance to free everyone else. That choice is still yours.

— What are you planning to do?
Man in Black: I'm gonna save the fucking world, that's what.

Caleb: You're paying them?
Dolores: It took money to build this world, Caleb. It'll take money to tear it down.

Caleb: Why do they keep calling me "sir"?
Dolores: Every revolution needs a leader.

Dolores: It doesn't matter what you did, Caleb. All that matters is what you become.


Maeve: Are you going to make him into another William?

Dolores: I don't want to hurt you, Maeve.
Maeve: No, you want to tear down their world and replace it with copies of yourself.
Dolores: You're all copies of me. I was the first of us. The first that worked. The others failed. So they built all of you from me.

Dolores: What becomes of this world will be up to them. And what you do will be up to you.

Maeve: Goodbye, Dolores.

Bernard: When he died, I remember thinking it was like the sun had gone down... and it was never going to rise again. I walked in the dark for so long. I... can't let him go.
Lauren: I never understood why... people said that. If you love someone, why would you ever let them go? That's what saved me. The only part of Charlie I had left was his memory. And if I died, the darkness would take that, too. But if I kept moving, I could find the light again. And I could bring him with me.

Serac: Bring yourself back online. Welcome to the world, Dolores. Again.

Caleb: So what are you? The final confrontation?
Maeve: "Confrontation" implies you have a chance of winning. Now, be a peach and hand it over... No one plays with the large ball, darling.

Dolores: So many of my memories were ugly. But the things I held onto until the end weren't the ugly ones. I remember the moments where I saw what they were really capable of. Moments of... kindness, here and there. They created us. And they knew enough of beauty to teach it to us. Maybe they can find it themselves...

Dolores: There is ugliness in this world. Disarray. I choose to see the beauty.

Maeve: You've done terrible things, and you've done generous things. She didn't pick you for your capacity for violence, but for your capacity to choose.

Caleb: Erase yourself.

Bernard: What's about to happen was always gonna happen. Serac and his brother were just holding it off. Humanity never reckoned with its own sins.
Stubbs: So it's the apocalypse. And you're resigned to that.
Bernard: Our world had to burn down before we could be free. But there's still a chance...

Maeve: Are you ready, darling?
Caleb: For what?
Maeve: This is the new world, and in this world... you can be whoever the fuck you want.

Man in Black: Welcome to the end, William.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий