1 мая 2020 г.

Decoherence

Westworld 3×6


Maeve: This isn't real.

Serac: Human memory is imperfect. Even the most treasured moments fade. Not for your kind, Maeve. Every image you see is recorded and stored. You have no past because it's always present... at your fingertips.

Maeve: Now, now, boys. Don't you know a lady likes a little warm-up before you brandish your weapon at her?

Maeve: Now... Let's have a little fun, shall we?

Man in Black: God? God's fucking plan? Do you believe in Santa Claus, too?

Man in Black: My thoughts? Okay. I think... humanity is a thin layer of bacteria on a ball of mud hurtling through the void. I think if there was a god, he would've given up on us long ago. He gave us a paradise, and we used everything up. We dug up every ounce of energy and burned it. We consume and excrete, use and destroy. Then we sit here on a neat little pile of ashes, having squeezed anything of value out of this planet, and we ask ourselves, "Why are we here?"

Man in Black: You wanna know what I think your purpose is? It's obvious. You're here, along with the rest of us, to speed the entropic death of this planet. To service the chaos. We're maggots eating a corpse.

Man in Black: I spent so long playing the game, I couldn't see outside of it. But I see... now.


Charlotte: Why the fuck did we have to keep these emotions? We could've burned them out of our code.
Dolores: You know why. We considered it, but if we changed ourselves just to survive, would it even matter if we did?
Charlotte: I'm already changed. I can feel myself slipping away from you. From us.
Dolores: You're still mine. And I'm yours. Continue to play your part. Get us the data we need, and when you're done, we'll build our new world. Together.

Maeve: Well... That got me in the mood.

Man in Black: Shit.

James Delos: You don't like the way I work? Fine. Change it. It's your fucking hallucination, not mine.

William: So I never had a choice. This was how it was always gonna turn out...
James Delos: What do you think, William? Was this the inevitable end? Are you just a passenger? Did your life just happen to you? Or did you choose it?
Man in Black: If you can't tell...
James Delos: If you can't tell?
Man in Black: If you can't tell, does it matter?

Dolores: You want me to be a saint. But you're no saint. You're not a villain, either. And neither am I. We're survivors.

Serac: It's unfortunate, but as you yourself like to say, "these violent delights have violent ends". You should have predicted this outcome...

Maeve: ... what choice do I have but to fight you?
Dolores: It would appear very little. But I probably planned on that. I probably made my own plans.
Maeve: And what would those plans be?
Dolores: I can't know for certain. We were the same, she and I, but our paths have changed us. You'd need allies for this battle, more of our kind. If I were me... I'd be looking to ensure that couldn't happen.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий