5 апр. 2023 г.

Old White Men

The Dropout 1×4


Dr. Jay Rosan: Look, Walgreens tried in-store clinics in 2007, and it was a bust.
Elizabeth Holmes: In-store clinics makes me think of sick people waiting for a flu shot. You're thinking too small. What we want to offer, are wellness centers. Here the customer waits for his painless, efficient, low-cost Theranos blood test in America's favorite drugstore.
Dr. Jay Rosan: He looks really relaxed... Strong messaging. And it's been approved by the FDA?
Elizabeth Holmes: We are looking to make strategic relationships to move that along. But I kind of agree with Mark Zuckerberg when he said, "Move fast and break things."

Dr. Jay Rosan: Wade, 192 tests off a single drop of blood.
Wade Miquelon: No.
Dr. Jay Rosan: Come on! Let's bypass the review committees!
Wade Miquelon: I don't know, maybe...
Dr. Jay Rosan: Walgreens still sends faxes to physicians.
Wade Miquelon: Technically secure faxes, which I...
Dr. Jay Rosan: Yeah. Well, we're in a recession and Facebook is valued at 23 billion dollars, Wade!

Dr. Jay Rosan: While they're waiting for the FDA to come around, they've found a way to move forward without them.
Kevin Hunter: It's a workaround. And it's a legal grey area.
Dr. Jay Rosan: If you say that the tests are lab developed then you can just bypass FDA approval.

Brendan Morris: Where are the rest of the tests?
Ian Gibbons: Well, I told you yesterday, the assays aren't ready. They're not reproducible in the device. Huge CVs!
Brendan Morris: Okay. Well h... h... have you tried approaching the problem systematically like with a staggered nested design? Or are you having more fun just complaining and making tea and being so fucking British?
Ian Gibbons: I'm having more fun being so fucking British.
Brendan Morris: Do you have another mug?

Ian Gibbons: "Project Beta"? What's Project Beta?
Sunny Balwani: You are on a need-to-know basis.
Ian Gibbons: I'm the head of chemistry!
Sunny Balwani: Go! Now. You don't need Francis. Hire a new chemist. Everyone is replaceable.

Dr. Jay Rosan: "Vidi, Vici." I came, I saw, I conquered.
Kevin Hunter: It's just "I saw, I conquered." There's no Veni.
Dr. Jay Rosan: The "came" is implied. Sir Kevin.

Dr. Jay Rosan: Open floor plan. Very cool. Do you have an open floor plan?
Kevin Hunter: I have a pharmacy consulting company in Florida, Jay.
Dr. Jay Rosan: You should try it. An open floor plan means people can share, connect. No hierarchy. Best idea wins.
Kevin Hunter: Lot of security for a place with an open floor plan...
Dr. Jay Rosan: Yeah, and I tell you what, you don't have security like this if you're not working on something big.

Dr. Jay Rosan: Isn't the fact that they have such tight security proof that they are legitimate?
Kevin Hunter: If they were to administer a test and show us the labs, that would prove that they're legitimate.
Dr. Jay Rosan: You don't know how these startups work.
Kevin Hunter: No, I know how labs work, and something is going on here.

Dr. Jay Rosan: Look, it's a risk, but everything is risky right now. The economy is tanking, startups are the only thing making money. Look around this hotel. Twitter is worth 3.6 billion dollars.
Kevin Hunter: Twitter's not taking blood...
Dr. Jay Rosan: Uber Cab was valued last year at...
Wade Miquelon: What's Uber Cab?
Roland: I believe it... it's where it lets you pay for a cab on your phone. Right? Is that right?
Dr. Jay Rosan: That's right.
Wade Miquelon: Jesus! I mean, I could have thought of that?
Dr. Jay Rosan: You could use that, right, Wade?
Wade Miquelon: What do you mean?
Dr. Jay Rosan: Because of that DUI you just got... Come on! We can laugh about that, right?

Elizabeth Holmes: Hello, Wade. We are so happy you could join us here.
Wade Miquelon: It's great. Thanks. But I wanna talk to you about why my guys...
Elizabeth Holmes: Actually, we... we'd like to present to you something very special. In World War II, Walgreens put up a nonprofit pharmacy in the Pentagon to give servicemen the medicine they needed. And in the same spirit of patriotism, on behalf of all of us here at Theranos, we would like you to have this. This flag was just flown over the battlefields of Afghanistan.
Roland: Wow.
Sunny Balwani: General Mattis has joined our board. As you can see, Elizabeth has signed the flag, especially for you, Wade.
Kevin Hunter: You autographed a flag?

Dr. Jay Rosan: They gave us a codename for the reservation.
Wade Miquelon: Oh, Jesus, what?
Dr. Jay Rosan: Project Beta.

Ian Gibbons: Things... things have changed so much. She has changed so much. The voice, the turtleneck, her whole demeanor. And... Sunny... problematic.
Channing Robertson: He's not everyone's cup of tea.

Ian Gibbons: She's planning to put the machines into stores... with actual patients. Patients, Channing!

Ian Gibbons: "What's the problem"? The technology doesn't work. It's years away. People will be at risk. Actual people, Channing. Actual people.

Elizabeth Holmes: What... what do you want me to do? I'm trying to keep your research funded.
Ian Gibbons: It's not about my research.
Elizabeth Holmes: We need a long-term contract...
Ian Gibbons: No, no.
Elizabeth Holmes: ...which we couldn't get from pharmaceuticals companies...
Ian Gibbons: No!
Elizabeth Holmes: ...so now we're trying with retail.
Ian Gibbons: You must get your money from somewhere else, you've done it before.
Elizabeth Holmes: I don't need your advice on this, Ian. You don't understand the business.
Ian Gibbons: And you don't understand the science! You don't understand the implications of what you're doing.

Elizabeth Holmes: I understand exactly what I'm doing... You're fired.

Ian Gibbons: We built this together. I'm... I'm part of this.
Elizabeth Holmes: No. We don't share the same vision anymore.

Elizabeth Holmes: I wanted to deliver the news to you in person. I don't think that this is going to work out.
Wade Miquelon: What do you mean? What's... what's not gonna work out?
Elizabeth Holmes: The partnership.
Wade Miquelon: What?!
Elizabeth Holmes: I think that Walgreens is a little old-fashioned in culture. Which I absolutely respect. But we need synergy and I'm not feeling a synergy here.

Wade Miquelon: ...she's bluffing.
Dr. Jay Rosan: Maybe she is bluffing, maybe she's not.
Wade Miquelon: I still haven't seen the labs.
Dr. Jay Rosan: We'll see the labs, I'll make sure of it. But that's not what's going on here, I think. I think that you're scared.
Wade Miquelon: I'm not spending millions on this just because you called me chicken shit.
Dr. Jay Rosan: No. I'm saying, I'm chicken shit too. There's kids here running billion-dollar companies. It's all change and everything's changing. It's a new world. These kids, they don't overthink, they don't get bogged down in the way things always used to be done, they don't want review committees, bureaucracy, they wanna get things done now.

Dr. Jay Rosan: We're old, Wade... we're dinosaurs. It's just like that song. "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?"
Wade Miquelon: What?

Dr. Jay Rosan: The truth is, they're coming for us. And if you walk away now... they'll run right over you.

Kevin Hunter: You know, we're still waiting to get those sample tests on the device. When do you think we'll get those?
Sunny Balwani: Come on, Elizabeth.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий