11 апр. 2023 г.

Iron Sisters

The Dropout 1×6


Moderator: What do you dream will be true by 2025?
Elizabeth Holmes: That less people have to say goodbye too soon to the people they love.

Richard Fuisz: What do you know about Theranos?
John Carreyrou: Healthcare startup with products at Walgreens, impressive board. A unicorn worth billions. Why?
Richard Fuisz: It's all fake.

Erika Cheung: Sorry, what... what are these that I have to initial?
Mark Roessler: The words you're not allowed to use when talking about Theranos.
Erika Cheung: "Research, biology, pipette..."

Tyler Shultz: Here.
Erika Cheung: What?
Tyler Shultz: Put it on the camera on your computer.
Erika Cheung: Why?
Tyler Shultz: So they can't watch you.

Moderator: You know, a lot of successful women experience something called imposter syndrome.
Elizabeth Holmes: Right.
Moderator: Where they feel that none of their success is actually earned, that it's all a fraud, and they will eventually be found out. Have you ever experienced that?
Elizabeth Holmes: Yeah. Sure. There are always moments of doubt. But as women, we have to start believing in ourselves and we have to start today.

Dr. Phyllis Gardner: Oh, for fuck's sake. You know how many times I've been told "You can't do it"? The sexism I've faced has been so naked and ugly, it's just taken my breath away. But she thinks I didn't support her idea because she's had it easier than me, because I'm, what? Because I'm jealous of her?
Richard Fuisz: Are you?
Dr. Phyllis Gardner: Fuck, no! I'm mad!

Dr. Phyllis Gardner: I've supported women my whole career. And how many chances are women going to get to do what she's doing? To be the CEO of a major startup. She screws this up, and we all look bad. That's the ugly truth and that is unforgivable.
Richard Fuisz: Well, it must be hard to be a woman...
Dr. Phyllis Gardner: I can't believe you're the person I have to talk to about any of this.

Tyler Shultz: There's a secret lab. And they call it Normandy because the tech that they're using down there is gonna storm the beaches. And then this lab is Jurassic Park because we've got all the old tech up here.

Dr. Phyllis Gardner: Um... I think we're the only people in the world who believe that it's all a fraud. But, hey, if this is a bad time...
Rochelle Gibbons: I wanna burn that company to the ground. Come in.

Mark Roessler: Erika, can you redo these, please, for the syphilis validation studies?
Erika Cheung: Yeah. W... Was there something wrong or...
Mark Roessler: No, uh... just delete the outliers there. I marked 'em out for you. Thanks.

Erika Cheung: I'm sorry, but what exactly is an outlier? Because it seems to me like it's just a data point that isn't doing what you want it to do and I can't just...
Daniel Young: We consider that an outlier.
Erika Cheung: Okay, but then there would be outliers in every data run we've generated so far.
Daniel Young: Right. And we delete outliers.

Daniel Young: We delete outliers. That's what we do.

Erika Cheung: Why... why do you think she doesn't know what's going on at her own company? Because she's a woman? Because she's friends with your grandfather? Because she's rich like you and she comes over for brunch? Or because you're going to her fucking birthday party tonight? That's so...
Tyler Shultz: Why the fuck would you say that?
Erika Cheung: It was a real person. I gave inaccurate test results to a real person.
Tyler Shultz: Yeah, but...
Erika Cheung: The numbers and facts exist. Everything else is irrelevant, all right? We gather evidence and we follow it until we get to the truth. Because there is truth. There is truth.

Tyler Shultz: Are you running the Edison proficiency test on Siemens machines?
Elizabeth Holmes: I don't know anything about that. Are... Are you running patient samples on Siemens machines? You have no idea... what you're talking about. Okay?... Did I answer all of your questions?

George Shultz: I appreciate you coming here. But I resent you implying that I'm so old that I have lost my ability to judge another person's character.

Elizabeth Holmes: George told him he didn't believe him.
Sunny Balwani: George loves you. Errol Morris liked the commercial. They want to do a hashtag. #IronSisters.

Rochelle Gibbons: I mean, why? Why does everybody wanna believe in this girl so badly?
Richard Fuisz: Because she's pretty and blonde.
Dr. Phyllis Gardner: She's a symbol of feminist progress. She makes the men in tech and business feel good without challenging them.
Richard Fuisz: Yeah. And she's pretty and blonde.

Richard Fuisz: Out of curiosity, what made you decide to talk to me? Was it something I wrote on my LinkedIn message?
Mark Roessler: It was your signature. Dr. Fuisz... We're both physicians. We took the Hippocratic Oath.
Richard Fuisz: Do no harm.
Mark Roessler: Yeah.

Elizabeth Holmes: You know, when people talk about glass ceilings, I always say, "Next to every glass ceiling, there's an iron lady."


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий