7 апр. 2023 г.

Flower of Life

The Dropout 1×5


Dr. Jay Rosan: So, um... I just wanted to get a sense of how much longer you guys are going to need before we can launch the wellness centers. Obviously, we had agreed on February. That passed. Last month.
Elizabeth Holmes: What is this?
Dr. Jay Rosan: That's where the device will go. But we don't have dimensions, or any details yet.

Dr. Jay Rosan: I hate to be the bad guy here, but... I'm going to need a firm date.
Elizabeth Holmes: I... I thought you understood that this process was gonna be long.
Dr. Jay Rosan: Absolutely. But it has been three years, and we have put in about 140 million dollars, so, ....

Wade Miquelon: Elizabeth, we're building these wellness centers in our stores. Two in Arizona, one in Palo Alto...
Elizabeth Holmes: Well, I... I explained that... that this...
Wade Miquelon: Yeah, you've explained.
Elizabeth Holmes: ...devices...
Wade Miquelon: Except there's nothing to explain because... we don't have this. So, here's my question. When do we get it?
Elizabeth Holmes: Wade, we care deeply about our partnership, and we're anxious to put our best foot forward.
Wade Miquelon: And what's the timeline for, "We are anxious to put our best foot forward?" Because I've got one. You wanna hear it? Hmm? September.

Wade Miquelon: September. Six months from now... No more breaks, no more extensions.
Elizabeth Holmes: We'll be ready in September. Sunny is spearheading operations.

Sunny Balwani: When are you coming back?
Elizabeth Holmes: I'm on my way to L.A. I have that marketing meeting with Chiat Day.
Sunny Balwani: We don't need to focus on marketing, right now.
Elizabeth Holmes: I had an idea, for a new logo.
Sunny Balwani: A logo?
Elizabeth Holmes: The flower of life. It's an ancient symbol from alchemy. Intersecting circles that form a sacred geometry connecting all of life. The... the shape is found in blood cells, and the Mona Lisa...
Sunny Balwani: We're in trouble! I need you back.
Elizabeth Holmes: Oh, I... I have to go. I'm getting another call.

Christian Holmes: Hi, Brendan. We've met many times. I'm Elizabeth's brother, Christian.
Brendan Morris: Oh.
Christian Holmes: Yeah, I may not understand all the, you know, science or whatever--
Brendan Morris: Yeah... the science stuff, right.
Christian Holmes: But I did graduate from Duke. Plus, I'm the Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives, so...
Brendan Morris: Ooh! Why the fuck is he here?
Sunny Balwani: He's the guy who comes to these fucking meetings, okay?

Patrick: This really is the way to sell this company. Your face, your dream, your story. People will trust this technology because they'll trust you. Elizabeth, Theranos is you.

Ian Gibbons: ...eventually I'll have to speak.
Rochelle Gibbons: Well, I don't understand what's wrong with that.
Ian Gibbons: I... Just tell the truth.
Rochelle Gibbons: The truth?
Ian Gibbons: If I tell the truth, I... I... I violate my non-disclosure agreement and Theranos sues me. And if I lie... I'll be committing perjury.

Rochelle Gibbons: What do you know that could be so bad for her?
Ian Gibbons: Well... Patents.
Rochelle Gibbons: What about them?
Ian Gibbons: Her name is on them, but she didn't do any of the scientific work.
Rochelle Gibbons: She lied on the patent applications, and if you say that in a deposition, it could void all of Theranos' patents. You could stop her.
Ian Gibbons: No, because they'll come after us, they'll sue us and destroy us, and... and they have... the money, and... and the time.

David Boies: Why don't you give up the lawsuit? Just one man, one patent. You're about to launch into Walgreens...
Elizabeth Holmes: I don't want him to win.
David Boies: It's important to remember, it's just business, right? Can't take it too personally. We're about to depose Richard, so...
Elizabeth Holmes: Do you have a strategy? Because you need a strategy with him.
David Boies: I think I can handle him.
Elizabeth Holmes: If you want him on record, sounding crazy... get him to talk about me.

Elizabeth Holmes: We're gonna launch in September with the Edison.
Sunny Balwani: How? How are we...
Elizabeth Holmes: Because... I put you in charge of operations, and you're gonna figure it out.

Sunny Balwani: We're going to lose 92 million dollars this year. We lost 57 million last year. What if we... what if we just stopped?
Elizabeth Holmes: What? Like... like quit?

Elizabeth Holmes: What would happen if I stopped?
Noel Holmes: Working at your own company? But then what... would happen to the company? What would you do?
Elizabeth Holmes: Well, it's just a company. It's not who I am.
Noel Holmes: Of course, it's who you are.
Elizabeth Holmes: What do you mean?
Noel Holmes: You can't stop. Why would you stop? Elizabeth... I am so proud of who you've become. Wow! You are the CEO of Theranos!
Elizabeth Holmes: That's what I am.

Sunny Balwani: I know how important he was to you. He was there at the beginning and... You can feel sad... if you want to feel sad.
Elizabeth Holmes: .... We won.
Sunny Balwani: What?
Elizabeth Holmes: Ian can't testify now. And Richard has to settle. We won.

Tyler Shultz: Hey, do you know what's going on? Sorry, it's just my first day and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do.
Brendan Morris: Get out.

Elizabeth Holmes: Our new logo is based on the Flower of Life. Intersecting circles, connecting us all. Alchemy. Dark becomes light. Death becomes life. We can take something terrible and pointless and make it into something perfect.

Elizabeth Holmes: This isn't just my company. This isn't just my job. This is my religion. This is who I am. And anyone who doubts my company, doubts me. Does anyone here doubt me? Does anybody here doubt me?!

David Boies: And speaking of winning... here's what we're offering. You withdraw the patent, and we'll drop the lawsuit against you.
Richard Fuisz: Oh, sure. Okay, fine.
David Boies: Good. Good. We're going to get the paperwork sorted out.
Richard Fuisz: But, um, I'm not done with this. I'm gonna figure it out. Everything you're not telling me, I'm gonna figure it out.

Dr. Phyllis Gardner: There's only one thing you need to know about Elizabeth Holmes. She's a fraud, Richard. She's always been a fraud.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий