9 апр. 2023 г.

Back Burners

The Wire 3×7


Lt. Cedric Daniels: You went to Colvin behind my back.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'd have gone to the devil himself. Which way you were standing had nothing to do with it.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: You piece of shit.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I did it 'cause it had to be done.

Theresa D'Agostino: Better if you go to Royce, confront him, not angrily, give him a chance to explain or maybe take action. If he does do something, then a problem got fixed and you can feel special for helping. If he doesn't, you sit tight. I don't know. Maybe you document your meeting in a letter expressing your concern and regret. Then you're set if the next witness gets killed.
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: Win-win.
Jen Carcetti: Unless you're the witness.
Theresa D'Agostino: I know, you're right. But he's taking on a two-term incumbent. It's all gonna be ugly from here.

Det. Ellis Carver: Too many damn children.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Why do you need lookouts and runners if it's legal?
Det. Ellis Carver: A lot of them have been cut loose by the dealers.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: It's like one of those nature shows. Mess with the environment, some species get fucked out of their habitat.
Det. Ellis Carver: Did you just use the word "habitat"?

Butchie: He working you with guilt, boy.
Omar Little: Yeah, but that fat man gave me a itch I can't scratch.
Butchie: Everybody in this world does what they going to. Me, you, the police. Everybody in this world got their own place. And a man in your line of work start worrying about how other people see you, playing to other people instead of to hisself, he gonna get dead.

Omar Little: I ain't gonna pay till it proves itself.
Butchie: I told him that already. He say 1500 for his troubles.
Omar Little: Damn.
Butchie: Conscience do cost.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: It's not legal.
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: We just look the other way is all.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: How can you?
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: I know it hurts your head to think about but before you decide to lose your mind, take a moment, ride around to my corners, my worst drug corners.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: You the man who called?
Butchie: Mm-hm. I did.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: You witnessing or what?
Butchie: Uh-uh. I'm afraid I'm blind. Legally. Something you need to see, though.

Det. Lester Freamon: Now, this is the best part. Prez discovered it when he was playing with it.
Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: It has a speed dial feature!... Meaning, someone took the time to program the phone.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий