18 апр. 2023 г.

Luther: The Fallen Sun (2023)

DCI John Luther: This isn't a case of wrong place at the wrong time, is it?

Corinne Aldrich: My son is out there somewhere right now. So you need to find him.
DCI John Luther: I'll do the very best I can.
Corinne Aldrich: It's not good enough. I need you to promise me. I need you to promise me you'll find Callum.
DCI John Luther: ... Okay. I promise. I'll bring your boy home. Okay?

David Robey: From what I hear, DCI Luther's a bit of a bad apple. Trouble is, he's a very analog bad apple. Doesn't have what you might call an online presence, which is why I'm calling you. I want everything on him. Every furtive little secret, every intimate disgrace. I want his corruption. I want evidence of any misstep. Any wrongdoing. Any line he's crossed. I want… his shame.

Corinne Aldrich: Liar.

John Luther: I'm still a copper.

Warden: Let them at you?
John Luther: Yeah.
Warden: How does that make sense?
John Luther: Because I'm ready. Can you do it or not?
Warden: I mean, in theory, yeah, but… If it goes wrong, spins out of control, you're a dead man. They'll kill you, John.
John Luther: All right, yeah. I… I can live with that. So let 'em come. Let them come.

DCI Odette Raine: So… Martin… I'm not asking you to catch him for me. We can do that. I'm asking you to save his life.

John Luther: No? Okay, right, well, this is the part where I do something horrible to you like perhaps, I don't know, tattoo your fucking eyeball.

Martin Schenk: Schenk.
John Luther: Wotcha.
Martin Schenk: I was wondering when you'd call.
John Luther: Yeah. I see you're back in the shop then.
Martin Schenk: I'm consulting, yes. Helping them to catch you.

John Luther: Hey, do you want to put 20 on it?
Martin Schenk: On what?
John Luther: Twenty that I get him before you get me.
Martin Schenk: Make it 50.

John Luther: It doesn't matter who you are. We've all got something that you don't want anyone else to know about. Something you're ashamed of. It could be something sexual. Could be financial. Could be criminal... Problem is these days people live their secret lives out on the internet.

John Luther: I think he's probably figured out that in the right circumstances, the fear of shame, the fear of being called out, the fear of being caught is way more powerful than the fear of death.

David Robey: Would you like your daughter back?

Barman: Evening, sir. What can I get you?
John Luther: Oh, I don't know. It's been a long day. What do you suggest?
Barman: I'd say a long day calls for a martini...
John Luther: No.
Barman: Whiskey? We have an 18-year-old Glenmorangie, uh, Tullamore Dew--
John Luther: I'll have a glass of water. If it makes you happy, you can make it fizzy.

John Luther: Boss, I'm sorry, okay? I know that I've let you down… way too often.
Martin Schenk: It wasn't me you let down. The tragedy is that you are a better man than you ever allowed yourself to be.

DCI Odette Raine: I don't understand why you did the things you did.
John Luther: Well, I couldn't see any other way.
DCI Odette Raine: To do what?
John Luther: What had to be done.

David Robey: So, John. I thought I'd kick off by asking you as a… Well, a bit of an expert in these things, apparently. Do you think I can help being what I am? Do you think any of us can?
John Luther: Mate, I couldn't give a fucking monkey's.

Martin Schenk: Wotcha.
John Luther: Wotcha.

Martin Schenk: I don't think you're going back to prison. A job offer, perhaps?...
John Luther: So now what?
Driver: Chief would like a word...


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий