16 апр. 2023 г.

Heroes

The Dropout 1×7


Bill Clinton: You founded this company 12 years ago, right? Tell 'em how old you were.
Elizabeth Holmes: I was 19.
Bill Clinton: So... Don't worry about the future, we're in good hands.

Judith Baker: ... we ought to be thankful that Elizabeth Holmes wasn't running the USSR in the '80s.

John Carreyrou: I am a little bit worried, they're gonna come after my sources. They got David Boies representing them.
Judith Baker: Yeah, fuck that. Whatever they throw at us, we can handle it.

Elizabeth Holmes: We wanna sue everyone.
David Boies: Everyone?
Sunny Balwani: We want to nail this motherfucker!

David Boies: Well... I respect the integrity of journalism. I represent the New York Times. But there are tools and tactics available that we can use to try and suppress negative stories. We can remind them of the consequences of breaking their NDAs... And then, of course, we can question their credibility. "If these are the kind of people that break their NDAs, how can we trust anything they say?"

Elizabeth Holmes: Rupert Murdoch invited me to his ranch tonight. God, I am so happy.

Sunny Balwani: I'm not here to scare you. I'm simply asking you... does your practice rely on online reviews?

Elizabeth Holmes: ... you replaced Mark with a dermatologist.
Sunny Balwani: Because I don't want someone who's going to create problems.
Elizabeth Holmes: But we can't keep fighting fires by creating fires. We have to focus on the root cause of the problem.
Sunny Balwani: What is the root cause?

Judith Baker: We can't run it now.
John Carreyrou: Why not?
Judith Baker: Because it's not ready. You've lost half your sources, so we need more proof. We have to wait.
John Carreyrou: Judith, come... Come on. Obama just named her global ambassador of something. The woman is worth four and a half billion dollars. They are fucking winning here.

Judith Baker: John. In Sicily every year...
John Carreyrou: Why are we talking about Italy?
Judith Baker: No, no. We're talking about Sicily. There's a practice called La Mattanza.
John Carreyrou: Okay.
Judith Baker: Okay, so, the fishermen. They wade into the Mediterranean Sea, till the water's up to their waist. They got their clubs and spears in hand and they stand there, very still, for hours... till the fish start to gather around them. Because the men are so still and they've waited so long, the fish don't even realize they're there. They... they... they think they're part of the scenery. But then... once there are enough fish gathered, someone gives the signal and then... Bam! Bam, bam, bam! BAM! BAM!!! So, you see.
John Carreyrou: Very vivid imagery.
Judith Baker: We wait.
John Carreyrou: Until Boies responds to my questions?
Judith Baker: Until we know we've got them.

David Boies: The article is not going away. It's not moving forward, but it's not going away and I can't make it go away until I know what they have... This is the moment where you tell me everything that you've been hiding from me.

Judith Baker: Oh, you need to be prepared.
John Carreyrou: I'm prepared. F... for what?
Judith Baker: For Boies killing your story.
John Carreyrou: No.
Judith Baker: He's the one that called the meeting.

John Carreyrou: Come on. Whatever happened to "stab the fish."
Judith Baker: Sometimes the fish can take you to court, and then you have to let them go.

Judith Baker: So say it back to me, "You have to let the fish go."
John Carreyrou: Sometimes you have to let the fish go.
Judith Baker: Exactly.

David Boies: You're absolutely right, Judith. I'm not asking you to disclose your sources. I respect journalists and I am trying to protect you, there just... isn't a story here.
John Carreyrou: Then answer my questions.

David Boies: All right. This meeting's over.
Judith Baker: Well... well, it’s only been four hours. I mean...
John Carreyrou: Oh, my God. Holy shit. They admitted to using third party analyzers.
Judith Baker: They sure did.
John Carreyrou: Yeah, after months of saying they don't use third party analyzers.
Judith Baker: They sure did.
John Carreyrou: Okay, so, Judith... is this...?
Judith Baker: BAM!

Elizabeth Holmes: I spoke to Rupert and asked him to kill the story. But, uh...
George Shultz: You asked Rupert Murdoch to kill the story in The Wall Street Journal for you?
Elizabeth Holmes: Of course. He told me that his hands are tied. I don't understand why he can't just make a phone call.

George Shultz: Elizabeth. I've worked for two presidents... Nixon and Reagan... who made bad decisions. Nixon more so. But Reagan... got mixed up in the Iran-Contra Affair and it hurt his legacy. He was a great man. But he started listening to the wrong people... It's easy to make the mistake of listening to the wrong people. If mistakes were made, I think it might be time to consider whether you have the right people around you.
Elizabeth Holmes: If Sunny is the right person.

Sunny Balwani: I know everything that you know.
Elizabeth Holmes: What?
Sunny Balwani: You were on all of those emails.
Elizabeth Holmes: Well, I'm the CEO... and I don't always read all of my emails... I love you, tiger. I miss you already.

Elizabeth Holmes: The man who wrote it, John Carreyrou, is a spiteful man. He is a sad man. But we are a team and we will be fighting every single tiny detail.
Sunny Balwani: Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou!
— Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou! Fuck you, Carreyrou!


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий