21 апр. 2023 г.

Lizzy

The Dropout 1×8


Elizabeth Holmes: Well, you know me, I'm a fighter... and I... I've actually been promoting a hashtag on Twitter. Iron Sisters, Amelia Earhart, Margaret Thatcher, other great women in history who faced tremendous resistance in their time. Marie Curie, Rosa Parks...

Tyler Shultz: I'm gonna let John use my name.
George Shultz: Your name? You mean my name?
Tyler Shultz: It's my name too.
George Shultz: You go on the record and the story becomes about me. You understand that, right? Do you understand what my name means to people.

Elizabeth Holmes: Jared Leto is presenting me with the award... He's an actor.
Linda Tanner: Oh, that's fun. So glamorous.

Linda Tanner: Well, from a legal perspective, I... I think that we should keep Elizabeth out of it.
Sunny Balwani: Really?
Elizabeth Holmes: Yeah, I mean, I... I'm not afraid of... of talking to him or, uh, you know, answering questions.
Linda Tanner: I don't think that you should.
Elizabeth Holmes: Oh. Well, you can do it.
Sunny Balwani: Alone?
Elizabeth Holmes: Well, I have that ceremony tonight, and I think that's gonna be really good for our image.
Sunny Balwani: What's the award?
Elizabeth Holmes: I'm one of the Women of the Year.

John Carreyrou: Ho-ly shit. Two years. They shut her down for two years. She won't come back from this.
Judith Baker: Go.
John Carreyrou: Oh, I'm gonna write it.
Judith Baker: Yeah, now.
John Carreyrou: Federal bureaucracy. Red tape. It is beautiful. It is slow....
Judith Baker: Go write.
John Carreyrou: ...and boring and beautiful.
Judith Baker: Go, go!

John Carreyrou: I just fell in love with federal bureaucracy and I don't care who knows it!

Sunny Balwani: Do you remember the first time you spoke to me in Beijing? I was just remembering. I was going back over old emails and text messages.
Elizabeth Holmes: Why would you do that?
Sunny Balwani: I told you. I wanted to remember.
Elizabeth Holmes: Why?
Sunny Balwani: It's romantic... to look over old texts.
Elizabeth Holmes: Are you threatening me?

Sunny Balwani: I called a lawyer. I have to protect myself.
Elizabeth Holmes: From what? Do you think that we did something wrong? Or did you do something that I didn't know about?
Sunny Balwani: You think that... I did things that... you didn't do?
Elizabeth Holmes: Did you? I don't know everything that you did. If you did something wrong, you should tell me. What did you do, Sunny? Maybe I could help you. I could set you up with some good lawyers.

Channing Robertson: I respect your decision.
Sunny Balwani: My decision?
Channing Robertson: To step down.
Sunny Balwani: It's the right thing to do. For Elizabeth.

Sunny Balwani: There's nothing there... There's nothing inside you. I invented you inside my head. For 12 years, I've been inventing you. I made you up. You're not real! You don't have feelings. You aren't a person. You're a ghost! You're nothing! You're nothing! You're not real! You're nothing.
Elizabeth Holmes: And you're a mediocre software engineer.

Sunny Balwani: They're going to come for us. We could go to jail.
Elizabeth Holmes: I have a lot of lawyers.
Sunny Balwani: You have no idea what's about to happen. Trust me. The world is a mean place. Everyone has only been nice to you because of greed. They won't stay. They'll leave you. Everyone will leave you and they'll say they didn't know anything.
Elizabeth Holmes: And what are you going to say?
Sunny Balwani: ... I won't hurt you.

David Boies: Linda has been over the talking points. Now, this interviewer will be very hard on you. But that's your opportunity to apologize.
Noel Holmes: Yes, apologize and then she can just move on from this.
David Boies: Absolutely. Own up to the mistakes Sunny made and then talk about how you are gonna move the company forward.
Linda Tanner: And we've gone over the wording of the apology and... we feel good about it?

Linda Tanner: Did you have a chance to... look at the apology that we drafted?
Elizabeth Holmes: Yeah, yeah.
Linda Tanner: I don't work in PR but, uh, I think... I think what people want right now is some acknowledgement, right? Some emotional acknowledgement. So, um... like, they wanna know that... that you're ashamed, yeah?
Elizabeth Holmes: Ashamed?
Linda Tanner: Especially in that word "devastated". Keep it really warm, really sincere... Oh, they're ready. So, you know... you know what, just don't even overthink it at all. Just go, be yourself.

Elizabeth Holmes: If you choose to forget certain things... do you think that's lying?

George Shultz: It's not that I couldn't admit that I was wrong. I just... chose not to see it... like an old fool.

George Shultz: Isn't it amazing? How far decent people will go when they're sure they're right?

Elizabeth Holmes: Can you draw up a bankruptcy plan?
Linda Tanner: I can't. No.
Elizabeth Holmes: Why?
Linda Tanner: I don't work for you anymore. You stopped paying me. I'm actually looking for a new job. But I don't know. I don't know. No one will hire me.

Elizabeth Holmes: He's young. He's... he's in his... his... in his 20s.
Linda Tanner: Oh, wow. That must be different for you.
Elizabeth Holmes: What do you mean?
Linda Tanner: 'Cause Sunny's so much older.
Elizabeth Holmes: I can't believe I didn't know. Wow, you guys are such good liars.

Linda Tanner: You were young when you met Sunny, and now, you're... dating this younger guy so it's just like you're moving backwards. Elizabeth Holmes: Yeah, I'm just, you know, I'm just taking a moment to enjoy myself and have fun.
Linda Tanner: Oh, is that what we're doing now?
Elizabeth Holmes: Yeah. I guess.
Linda Tanner: I mean, you're legally barred from running a company for the next 10 years. So, yeah, I guess it makes sense. Get a dog and a boyfriend, and just have fun. Yes, you could go to jail for 20 years. But yes, just pretend what you did never happened.
Elizabeth Holmes: I was trying to help people.
Linda Tanner: Do you really believe that?
Elizabeth Holmes: We had a clear purpose. Ultimately, the healthcare industry just was not ready for real innovation.
Linda Tanner: Is there something wrong with you?
Elizabeth Holmes: The tech companies don't have to work under these restraints and regulations...
Linda Tanner: Do you have any idea of what you did?
Elizabeth Holmes: ...and that's why they can move fast and break things. I failed to deliver. I failed. But failure is not a crime.
Linda Tanner: You hurt people.
Elizabeth Holmes: I actually have to go. But I'll be back and we can keep talking.
Linda Tanner: You hurt people. You hurt people!

Uber Driver: Are you Lizzy?
Elizabeth Holmes: Hi. Yeah, I'm Lizzy. Hello.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий