8 сент. 2020 г.

Churchill (2017)

Winston Churchill: Beaches... always bring it back. Almost 30 years have gone now. So many young men. So much... waste.

Winston Churchill: I am choosing between trials and tribulations. Do stop adding to them.

Winston Churchill: "The soldiers have born their burden with pride..."
Jan Smuts: "The soldiers have born their burden with valor." Valor is better than pride.
Winston Churchill: "The soldiers have born their burden with valor."
Jan Smuts: "And pride."

Dwight Eisenhower: You haven't believed in this all along...
Winston Churchill: Someone had to speak on behalf of the ordinary fighting men.

Clemmie Churchill: Maybe you should listen to him.
Winston Churchill: Is everyone to overrule everything I say? The king appointed me Prime Minister of this country. And it's my duty, to lead them through this war!
Clemmie Churchill: Don't you see you aren't the only one capable of making decisions?
Winston Churchill: Is this about the war... or is it about you and me?
Clemmie Churchill: Do you want to be cuddled, Winston?
Winston Churchill: I would settle for some respect.
Clemmie Churchill: Then don't complain, when someone tells you the truth.

Jan Smuts: Being a great leader doesn't always mean seizing the glory. Sometimes you have to accept, that you cannot lead everything from of the front.
Winston Churchill: You and I are like two old lovebirds, mooting together on a perch, but still able to peck.

Winston Churchill: If you want me... to submit, to this... unquestionably dangerous plan, the least you can do is let me, lead my men into battle. I will not seat back in London with my paws crossed. listening to them being mooned down by German bullets from the wireless. I'll go with them. I shall share their fate.
Dwight Eisenhower: Don't ask me host your goddamn amateur theatrics! There is a war on!
Winston Churchill: I am not asking you to host anything. I shall be travelling to France as the King's Prime Minister, aboard the King's ship. And what's more, the King will be coming with me.
Dwight Eisenhower: What?!
Winston Churchill: His Majesty and I... are in complete agreement. We must be there... to lead the men. And there is nothing you or Monty can do about it.


King George VI: The right thing to do, is what normally falls to those at the top on such occasions... to remain at home. And wait.

King George VI: Everyone thinks they are the most powerful man in the world. Until not allowed to do... anything at all. My job... is not to fight, not to die. I must... exist. And be gracious... tonight. Bring hope. And that is my duty. And it is yours... too.
Winston Churchill: My duty...

King George VI: Britain will thank you for it, Winston. I believe all of us will. Forever.

Winston Churchill: I cannot work if I am surrounded by such incompetence. I'll show Brooke and Monty, what it takes to be a real general. I will show them, how great men win their wars.
Clemmie Churchill: Stop it! Just stop it! Brooke and Eisenhower and Monty are fighting this war and you just keep getting in their way.
Winston Churchill: I am Prime Minister of this country!
Clemmie Churchill: Exactly.
Winston Churchill: And minister of defense!
Clemmie Churchill: Don't pull rank, makes you seem small.

Winston Churchill: So many young men... Same as in the last war. Barely more than boys.
Clemmie Churchill: They have grown up with this war. They are brave.
Winston Churchill: Too young to know how to be afraid.

Clemmie Churchill: What will you say tomorrow?
Winston Churchill: I don't know. Depends on the news.
Clemmie Churchill: No it doesn't. Whatever happens tonight, you must give them hope. Even if 20,000 men are dead, you can't lead their wives and mothers and children thinking, they have died for no reason. You must stand with them, make their sacrifice have a purpose. Make them believe that by God, they will win this war.
Winston Churchill: And I'll do it with them. For that is my duty. Isn't it?

Winston Churchill: Fighting is what I have always done.. It's the core of who I am. If I do this, if I make this speech, I won't be fighting any more.
Clemmie Churchill: No, you won't.
Winston Churchill: Who will I be, when it's all over? If we win or it ends in disaster? What will I be, if I'm no longer fighting?
Clemmie Churchill: You will always be the man, who let us through this.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий