15 сент. 2020 г.

Ava (2020)

Ava: You know, Croesus once said, "Count no man happy until the end is known."

Ava: You know, if you modernize it, what Croesus actually said is, "Count no man happy until he's had a good death." I genuinely try to give my subjects a good death when I can. But I can't do that unless I know what you did.

Ava: It was meant to look like natural causes. I can do natural causes. I can do an accident. I can do gentle.

Duke: I know you don't trust anybody. But I'm not anybody. So, I'm gonna take my hands out of my pockets, I'm gonna put them up like this, I'm going to step toward you... place them on your shoulders in a comforting, but firm, fatherly manner...

Ava: Ma. I have to talk to you about something.
Bobbi: You should choose carefully what you tell me, Ava. 'Cause you can't... un-say it, and I can't un-hear it.

Judy: Ava. Who are you?
Ava: Nobody that you want your child to know.

Duke: Count no man as happy until his end is known. What Simon would call all that Greek shit. It's not until you know how someone dies that you know what really mattered to them. What they cared about, what they'd sacrifice for. What they would die for. Who they loved and who loved them in return. We don't have much control over our lives. But our end? Sometimes we write that story.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ pita4og: «...не шпионский боевик, а семейная драма в антураже разборок тайных агентов. Вполне ожидаемо, учитывая предыдущие работы режиссера, картина получилась немного нудной и тягучей на развитие сюжета. Не шедевр, но крепкий середнячок с хорошим актерским составом...»

Σ sapojnik: «...сюжет, если понимать его буквально, довольно нелеп - очередная "корпорация убийц" и разборки внутри нее.
А если приглядеться внимательнее - в нем мы имеем вариацию на излюбленную американскую тему, ту же, что и в знаменитом сериала "Во все тяжкие". Его мораль я сформулировал давно:
"Если умираешь - умирай". Это ж какие-то глубины протестантской этики, на сторонний взгляд звучит пугающе и как-то бесчеловечно, ВЕТХОЗАВЕТНО. ...»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий