22 апр. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x23

Under My Skin

Season 5, Episode 23

! Конец уж близится... И Хауза всё меньше.



* "Amber": Are you gonna ignore me all day again? I help you.
   House: You tried to kill Chase.
   "Amber": Doing what you wanted, that's all, boss. I exist.
   House: No, you don't. I acknowledge my subconscious exists. Now go away.
   "Amber": Saying it is one thing. Living it is another. You're not rational... not completely.


* Wilson: Did it work?
   House: Do you see someone standing beside me?
   Wilson: No.
   House: Then, no.
   Wilson: So what's next on your list of things it's not?


* House: So we're down to infection, trauma, M.S., schizophrenia, or pills.
   Wilson: Schizophrenia usually manifests younger.
   House: That's why it's further down the list.


* Wilson: You didn't do anything wrong. You prescribed antibiotics. Any other doctor would've done the exact same thing.
   "Amber": Any other doctor? Words can hurt, you know.
   House: I have no reason to feel guilty. It doesn't make any sense... unless there's something wrong in the limbic area of my brain.
   Wilson: Guilt as a symptom?
   House: It's consistent with M.S. And since the blood tests were negative, I have to apologize. If I feel better, then you're right. I was feeling an emotion. If I feel nothing... it means my limbic brain is shot.


* House: I'm Dr. House. Anyone explain to you your status?
   Patient: They found a mass in my liver... cancer. They said they think they can treat it and that the skin is starting to take. I'll be able to dance again.
   "Amber": She's half dead, and she's wondering if she'll ever plie again? Healthy priorities. Let the mocking begin.



* Chase: Cameron kept her dead husband's sperm.
   Foreman: She doesn't like yours?
   Chase: She likes his better. Or at least she... wants to hang on to it in case mine is... unfaithful or something.
   Foreman: Wow. You got to let her do it. If you don't, you'll be stuck with her forever.
   Chase: I want to be stuck with her forever.
   Foreman: She married a dying guy. She has issues. You... cannot leave her... ever, for any reason, 'cause then you're not just the guy who left her, you're the guy who killed her kids.


* House: If it's not M.S., severe mental illness and vicodin are all that's left.
   Wilson: Mental illness means... you can no longer practice medicine. Vicodin means detox, which means pain for the rest of your life, which means you can no longer practice medicine.


* House: We're gonna stop her heart so I can MRI it. I think it was her idea. Pneumonia was her idea, and it almost killed the patient.
   Wilson: Her?
   House: Oops.


* House: It's Amber.
   Wilson: Your subconscious picked my dead girlfriend?
   House: Yeah. The irrational part of my brain works like the rational part of yours. How about that?
   Wilson: It... raises questions.
   House: It answers questions.
   "Amber": Who cares?


* Wilson: You'd prefer electroshock therapy to rehab?
   House: I'd prefer something that could actually work.
   Wilson: I know that you're afraid of the pain, but electroshock... Heart attack, stroke, seizure, death, or worse.
   House: Worse? Double death?


* Wilson: House, I'll be up in five minutes. Then we can talk about how you'd rather be in a coma than in rehab.
   House: Actually, if you could be up here in two, that'd be really helpful.
   Wilson: Why?
   House: 'Cause I'm about to put myself into insulin shock.


* Wilson: You could've died.
   House: It worked. Where are my pants?


* Waitress: Here are your onion rings, extra well-done.
   House: Thank you, Molly. And another beer when you get a chance. I'm celebrating.
   Waitress: Alone?
   House: Thank goodness.

{ Но не тут-то было. Вступает Амбер: }




{ BTW, original Enjoy Yourself: }




* House: Why don't I feel scared?
   Wilson: I'd say you're unaware of what you're feeling at this moment.
   House: I feel like crap. My life is falling apart, but I don't feel scared... not of the rehab anyway.
   "Amber": We've always been able to find a way to cheat.
   House: It won't work.
   Wilson: You want it to work this time.
   "Amber": Do we?


* Wilson: House... it's your only option.
   House: What do I do if my only option won't work?
   Wilson: You don't give up.


* Cuddy: It's late, and I'm tired. Can we get to the talking part of this conversation?
   House: I quit.
   Cuddy: Great. My nanny is off the clock at 7:30, so... your week off, bigger desk... tighter nurses uniforms, or whatever other stupid thing you're about to demand is gonna have to wait until...
   House: You can go suckle the little bastard child who makes you feel good about yourself!
   Cuddy: Screw you.
   "Amber": Don't do this.
   House: I'm hallucinating.


* Taub: We know what House would do. House would have never woken her up to ask for consent. If you can't live with the answer, don't ask the question.
You're saying we should accept her decision?
Bold idea, I know. {...}
Where are you going?
Home. The case is over.
No, it's not. Not until we come up with something that might work.
It's a shame that she might die because House has some personal crap to work through.
Technically, if she dies, it's because House has some personal crap to work through, and we weren't smart enough to get the answer without him.


* Cuddy: I haven't lied to you in 20 years.
   House: Sure you have. Which means that you just said that because you want to tell me what you lied to me about 20 years ago.
   Cuddy: You're an ass.
   House: Am I wrong?
   Cuddy: I wasn't in your endocrinology class.
   House: You sat next to me. I cheated off you on...
   Cuddy: I audited your endocrinology class.
   House: Why would you...
   Cuddy: Because I thought you were an interesting lunatic even then.



* Cuddy: I have some papers to push for you. I'll see you in later?
   House: Thank you.
   Cuddy: You want to kiss me, don't you?
   House: I always want to kiss you.

{ мммм }

--- Dictionary:
suckle — кормить грудью, давать грудь


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.


+ Все-таки, Амбер и Хауз — сладкая парочка.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий