10 апр. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x13

Big Baby

Season 5, Episode 13


* Foreman: Thoracic tumor is a better fit.
   Thirteen: Erodes into her airway and esophagus...
   House: Oh, will you two stop it already?
   Thirteen: Stop what?
   House: Disagreeing.
   Foreman: Okay, which one of us shouldn't have an opinion?
   House: It's not an opinion. It's a smoke screen. Toss out a lame idea, instead of agreeing with Foreman's better idea because you're worried that'll confirm that he's boldly gone where no man has gone before.
   Kutner: You slept with Foreman?
   Thirteen: Sorry. You were busy.


* Foreman: Drop it, House. We're seeing each other, end of discussion. Anything else isn't relevant.
   House: It's extremely relevant. Apparently, it colors everything. Now I have no idea if you have differing opinions because you have differing opinions or because you're just trying to prove that you can think for yourselves.


* Cuddy on speakerphone: House, step away from the patient.
   Patient: Who's that?
   House: That's my old boss. And by "old," I don't mean "former."


* House: She's gonna need a Special Ed. class of her own.
   Cameron: Fine.
   House: Really?
   Cameron: Yeah, if you think it's right, do it.
   House: Hmm. Some people thought you were gonna be brutal, marking your territory.
   Cameron: Who?
   House: Nobody. Just because I call him nobody doesn't make me a racist.



* Wilson: She's beautiful.
   Cuddy: I know. I'm lucky.
   Wilson: What's she like?
   Cuddy: She's eight weeks old. Are you asking me about her politics or her sense of humor?
   Wilson: My cousin had a kid. They acted like they knew the thing from the time it was two minutes old. I just... I just thought...
   Cuddy: She cries, she eats, and she poops.
   Wilson: What's wrong?
   Cuddy: I don't feel anything. {...} I know I'm supposed to feel amazement. I'm supposed to love her. I just... I don't feel anything at all.


* Cuddy: I've read every bonding and attachment book there is. I feel like I'm in prison at home. I feel like I'm free here.
   Wilson: Parents make sacrifices.
   Cuddy: I don't know if I want to. I'm not proud of this. I feel terrible. I feel like a failure.


* Thirteen: We do everything but flip the switch.
   House: Go. Do. Don't flip.
   Taub: And is there anything we should be doing, you know, to actually help the patient?
   House: Trust me. In the long term, this'll help all our patients. In the short term, double the dose of methotrexate and add prednisone.


* Cameron: I had to say yes because House wanted me to say no.
   Cuddy: You think he was bluffing.
   Cameron: I'm the new kid. He had to test me.
   Cuddy: Don't get cute. Don't engage him. Do not play his games, because you will lose.
   Cameron: You hired me to do this job. Let me do it.


* Foreman: I need to talk to you about Remy.
   House: Who?
   Foreman: Thirteen.
   House: What did you call her?
   Foreman: She's on placebo.
   House: And you want to change that. I'm the last person you'd ever come to for ethical advice, literally, which means you've already asked every other person, and no one's given you the answer you want.
   Foreman: Or I respect your opinion, and I want to hear what comes to your mind.
   House: Has she invited any of her lesbian friends into bed with you?
   Foreman: I was mistaken.
   House: Drug gonna cure her?
   Foreman: It looks promising, reducing symptoms.
   House: No cure then. So the pros are: you might delay the onset of symptoms, give her an extra year, maybe three. She's still dead before you're 45. The question is, are those few years worth risking the rest of your life in medicine?
   Foreman: No.
   House: There, that wasn't so hard, was it?
   Foreman: Thank you.
   House: You're welcome... Unless you love her. If you love her, you do stupid things.



* Cuddy: Is that cute?
   House: A little. If I threw up on you, you'd be pissed.
   Cuddy: Your puke isn't as cute.
   House: That's 'cause of your hips. If she would've just gestated a little longer, her stomach sphincter would be fully mature. But, no, we have to walk upright, which means that baby's head is too big for mommy's hips. And by the way, your hips may be an evolutionary improvement. So we've evolved to find baby puke cute, 'cause otherwise we'd kill them all before they became functional.


* Cameron: I'll always say yes to House. I studied under him. He's in my head. And if you gave anyone else this job, they would always say no, because... well, because they should. House is insane.
   Cuddy: Which leaves me.
   Cameron: I'm sorry.



--- Dictionary:
flip — лёгкий удар, щелчок
threw up — подбрасывать; вскидывать; бросать (что-л.), отказываться от участия (в чём-л.)


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий