13 апр. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x16

The Softer Side

Season 5, Episode 16


* House: Gonna eat that?
   Wilson: Have at it. Did you just ask my permission before you took my food?
   House: Yes, we can.


* House 2 team: Our new patient. Part girl, part boy. All Thirteen's dream date.


* Wilson: You slept with House. He asked permission before taking my bagel. Took the case without a fight. Honored the parents' request for an MRI.
   Cuddy: Yes, those were my terms for sleeping with him. He's in a good mood. Sex with me would explain that. But it doesn't explain why I'm not curled up in a ball weeping in shame. I did not have sex with House.
   Wilson: If you two aren't keeping something from me, that means he's keeping something from both of us. That can't be good.
   Cuddy: Or he's just in a good mood. This is not a crisis. Maybe you can get back some of that money he owes you.


* Wilson: Whatever he's taking, it's stronger than Vicodin.
   Cuddy: What are we gonna do?


* Foreman: You miss sleeping with women?
   Thirteen: Excuse me?
   Foreman: Simple question.
   Thirteen: Yes. It's a simple answer.



* House: You don't believe that I OD'd on Vicodin. You figure I'm on something stronger. And because you can never, ever assume anything but the most screwed-up scenarios, as far as I'm concerned...
   Wilson: Funny how I'm usually right.
   House: You think that I'm on heroin. This is your version of a tox screen. Because if I am on heroin, I can't drink that without risking another bout of not breathing.
   Wilson: Well?
   House (drinks): Good night.


* Cuddy: You still breathing in there? 'Cause if not, I'm sending in janitorial.
   House: I'm not breathing. But it's strictly voluntary. Should've seen the guy who was in here before me.


* Cuddy: I know about the methadone.
   House: It's legal. I have a prescription.
   Cuddy: Whatever doctor you conned into writing it clearly had no idea about your addiction issues. Your lack of...
   House: He knows I'm in pain. What I put in my body is my business.
   Cuddy: You keep taking this, you could die.
   House: If you'd said that if I keep doing this you could die, then it'd be your business.
   Cuddy: I can't sit by and watch you kill yourself. As long as you're in my hospital, you can't do methadone.
   House: I'll send someone for my stuff.
   Cuddy: That's it? You're quitting? You're choosing methadone over this job?
   House: I'm choosing lack of pain over this job.


* Hooker: I'll be back around 10:00 tonight.
   Wilson: Who was she?
   House: I hired her to watch me sleep. Make sure I don't stop breathing.
   Wilson: Home nurses usually wear scrubs.
   House: She's not a nurse.
   Wilson: You hired a hooker to watch you sleep? That just can't...
   House: Surprisingly, hookers are cheaper. And they don't sue for sexual harassment.


* House (about ties): Which one?
   Wilson: You shaved!
   House: The red one then.
   Wilson: You have two ties?!


* Wilson: We made a mistake.
   Cuddy: No, we didn't.
   Wilson: The methadone's good for him.
   Cuddy: The methadone is gonna kill him.
   Wilson: He shaved. He was wearing a tie. He has a meeting at St. Sebastian.
   Cuddy: If he buys a new pair of shoes, should we let him smoke crack?
   Wilson: Cuddy, he's happy.
   Cuddy: House doesn't do happy. Pain or no pain.
   Wilson: Okay, maybe... but he's our friend. And this is his one chance to not be miserable.


* Cuddy: I'm offering you your job back.
   House: I want a raise.
   Cuddy: No.
   House: And a bigger office... but in the same spot.
   Cuddy: No. We both know this is where you belong.
   House: Okay.
   Cuddy: Welcome back.
   House: Thank you.
   Cuddy: You're welcome.

{ Это было ... Очень трогательно. Краткая вспышка. Падающий метеорит. Впрочем, длилось недолго. }

* House: I'm done with the methadone. I screwed up.
   Cuddy: The kids' parents wanted that MRI.
   House: I knew he didn't need it. I did it anyway. That's what got him sick.
   Cuddy: You just solved a case that no one else could solve.
   House: I created a case. I played nice because I was in a good mood. Because I didn't hurt.
   Cuddy: You don't need your pain to be a good doctor.
   House: I'm not interested in good.
   Cuddy: You're afraid to be happy.
   House: Why do you care if I'm happy?
   Cuddy: You're afraid of change. The one thing you have is your intellect. You think if that's compromised, you have nothing. Just take it (a pill).
   House: No.
   Cuddy: Don't do this.
   House: It's already done. This is the only me you get.



--- Dictionary:
curl up — скручиваться, свёртываться; испытать потрясение
bout — припадок, приступ


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий