11 апр. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x14

The Greater Good

Season 5, Episode 14


* Cuddy: Come here. Look at this. Come here.
   House: Adorable. Elevators keep crashing. Is mercury in retrograde or what?


* Cuddy: You're wrong. I don't even listen to you.
   House: Either do your job or go home. Leave me out of it.
   Cuddy: I am gonna do my job. It doesn't mean I have to do it happily. Doesn't mean I have to do it without resentment. And it definitely doesn't mean I have to do it without seeking vengeance on the person making me be here. Congratulations. You've officially dragged me down to your level.
   House: Okay.


* Foreman: You can't live your life "big picture." You've gotta look out for yourself and the people you care about.
   Thirteen: Well, then, why are you a doctor? Why aren't you sitting by a pool in Fiji knocking back Mai Tais?
   House: People act in their own self-interests. You're all here because you're happy to be here. Or at least because it's your best option.
   Kutner: I'm here because I want to help people.
   House: No, you're here because it makes you feel good to help people. Taub and Foreman are here because they've got no other viable choices. And thirteen is desperate to make her life matter before it's over.
   Taub: So... you're happy to be here?
   House: Does it show?


* Kutner: What's going on with everyone today?
   Taub: It involves House, Foreman, and Thirteen, which means it's either dumb, dangerous, or tragic, or a combination. I'm embracing my ignorance.



* House: Cuddy's not playing games. She's not looking for leverage. She wants pure, unadulterated vengeance.
   Wilson: And your counter-move is to let her have it?
   House: The only time to strike back is when I want something. All I want now is to get things back to normal. Which I can't get by escalating. The only way to win this war is to lose it. Let her punch herself out.
   Wilson: Yeah, that makes sense too.
   House: "Too"?
   Wilson: I was thinking you actually feel guilty about taking her away from her baby. But your explanation's good too. It's completely inconsistent with your character, but...
   House: Thank you, rationalization man. You have saved the village.


* House: The latest issue of parent magazine. Really interesting column. Apparently, working moms are actually more engaged and attentive than stay-at-home moms. Something about personal fulfillment.
   Cuddy: That's just a rationalization by working moms to justify not being with their kids. Which is fine, if that's what they want. It's not what I want. And this is nurses quarterly.


* House: Where's Foreman?
   Kutner: No idea.
   Taub: Why are you asking about Foreman and not Thirteen?
   House: Because both questions are bound to have the same answer. Ebony and ivory are joined near the hip.


* House: He asked for my advice before he switched you off the placebo. I told him to do it if he loved you.
   Thirteen: He only thinks he loves me.
   House: It's the same thing. Yes, he's an idiot. You didn't ask him to do anything. You're pissed off that he did. So let him torch his career to pay for his sins. Unless you actually feel something for the idiot. In which case, you might want to tell him to turn around.



* Wilson: Fire him, and go be home with your new baby.
   Cuddy: I like what he does for this hospital.
   Wilson: What he does is who he is. And the same goes for you.


* Wilson: I'm not apologizing because you're dying. I'm apologizing because you were right. I am stuck. My girlfriend died. She was the only person I've loved for a long time, and... I'm still living in her apartment. I'm surrounded by her things. I have left it all exactly where it was. I don't know how to get unstuck.
   Patient: The only wrong thing is... to do nothing.


* House: We gonna have to do this dance again in 28 days? What the hell is wrong with you? Yesterday, you hate me. Today, you're practically weeping on my shoulder. I can only assume that what I'm hearing is your aunt Flow telling me...
   Cuddy: When I was being a jerk, you suddenly act human. But when I act human, you turn back into a jerk.
   House: Guess our cycles aren't matched up yet.
   Cuddy: This is your way of saying you accept my apology, isn't it?
   House: Nope, this is my way of saying you were doing a crappy job before; you will a slightly crappier job now. Everything keeps going. Nature of life. Nature of parenthood. Or this whole thing is just an act.
   Cuddy: And you've gone back to the part you think you need to play.
   House: You should go talk to Wilson. Rationalization man needs a faithful sidekick. Now, rational man needs to go save a life.


* Taub: How do you feel about your life choices this time?
   Patient: I didn't lie there thinking "what if?"
   Taub: I always worry, on my deathbed I'll think, "I didn't do anything really important."
   Patient: You're gonna spend one day of your life on your death bed. The other 25,000 are the ones we should be worrying about. Go to bed happy tonight.



--- Dictionary:
resentment — негодование, возмущение, чувство обиды
leverage — система рычагов
unadulterated — настоящий, неподдельный, естественный; чистый, чистейший



+ Еще quotes на Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий