19 апр. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x21

Saviors

Season 5, Episode 21


* Taub: It's just weird. She's brought cases before, but he's never made her run the tests.
   Thirteen: Maybe he's looking for someone to mother him after what happened.
   Foreman: Only kind of mothering House wants involves a bullwhip, leather diapers, and a credit card.


* Cameron: No sign of heart or arterial problems, but he's been hiccupping on and off for over a week.
   House: Nice! I'm hooked. You can get back to your shift at the E. R. Except, as far as the E. R. is concerned, you're on vacation, right?
   Cameron: I postponed a trip because I'm concerned about the patient.
   House: Explains why you ditched Chase and came to the differentials, not why you ran the tests.
   Cameron: You told me to.
   House: Well, I'm not your boss, as you usually take great pleasure in pointing out. Hey, you don't still have the hots for me, do you?


* Cameron: I care about the patient, and I care about the people who work on your team. They've been through a lot lately. I just thought I...
   House: ...was Florence Nightingale. Yeah, you're gonna nurse us back to spiritual and mental oneness. That would make sense if we were having this conversation a week ago.
   Cameron: Think what you want... That I'm here to get a job, that I'm here to wrap you in swaddling clothes...
   House: The problem is, I think neither. Because neither makes sense. The only thing that does... doesn't.


* Cameron: How do you think House is doing?
   Foreman: That why you're here?
   Cameron: Yeah.
   Foreman: No, it isn't. Even if House was messed up by Kutner's suicide, it wouldn't matter. He already thinks life is nasty, brutish, and long. And misery helps his diagnostic skills. All of which you know, so... why are you here?



* Chase: Do you think Cameron's in love with House?
   Cuddy: That is a ridiculous question. She's in love with you.
   Chase: Are you in love with House?
   Cuddy: That... is an even more ridiculous question.
   Chase: Two questions, zero answers. Think I can extrapolate from there.


* Patient's wife: Dr. House?
   House: Sorry, I'm just the zone delivery guy.


* Cuddy: You know what vacation means, right?
   Cameron: You're here because of House, Chase, or overtime issues.
   Cuddy: He's very concerned. Chase, not... House.
   Cameron: Well, if it's all right with you, I'd rather communicate with Chase by communicating with Chase.
   Cuddy: Are you in love with House?
   Cameron: You... are not concerned about me. You're marking your territory.
   Cuddy: You shouldn't be involved with House. Neither should I. Neither should anyone.


* House: Actually, technically, right now, Chase is here. But that's because I called him, and you didn't know that. And it's irrelevant to my point, which is... you and Chase are over.
   Cameron: You are wrong.
   House: You decided that his single drawer of clothes is one drawer too many. But you don't have the guts to tell him, so... you're emotionally walking away... instead of actually walking away. Which is stupid, because only one of those is good for your heart.


* Cuddy: What's going on with Cameron?
   House: She doesn't want back on my team and she doesn't want to jump me.
   Cuddy: Okay.
   House: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
   Cuddy: What?
   House: You ask a question, I rule out two possibilities, and you're satisfied? That means you don't want an answer. You just wanted to know there wasn't a particular answer. Either you were worried that she wanted back on my team, or you were worried that she wanted back on me.


* House: I was clueless about Kutner. I was wrong about Cameron. Taub just came up with an idea that I should have seen long before he did.
   Wilson: No one saw anything coming with Kutner. You hardly ever see Cameron anymore. And you hired Taub to come up with ideas that you wouldn't have come up with.
   House: And I have no idea why you're eating carrots.
   Wilson: Good.
   House: I'm losing my mind. All you got to say is "good"?
   Wilson: House, a guy you worked with for two years, who you mentored and, yes, possibly even cared about, just blew his brains out. You can't find the reason, can't find the meaning in it, because sometimes there isn't any. Sometimes...this is all there is.


* House: Balance organs, nerves, lungs, bones, heart.
   Wilson: Things you use to make bratwurst?


* House: Patient's cured. He's already packing for another earth day extravaganza next week.
   Cameron: He almost died. He can't take a few days at home with his family?
   House: People only change after trauma if they wanted to change before the trauma. Or if they've watched too many afterschool specials.
   Cameron: You talking about Chase?
   House: I'm talking about you. You lost husband number one. No surprise that the death of a colleague would make you question another long-term lease.
   Cameron: You teaching commitment classes? 'cause i thought you were too busy with your lecture...
   House: I'm sure that was going to be hysterical. Let me just give you the cliff notes. Don't try to dump him by dumping cases on me.
   Cameron: I told you I never wanted to dump Chase.
   House: Absolutely. You want him to dump you. It's totally different. Much less guilt. Either way, you're out of reasons to avoid him. Kutner was a pretty dumb one to begin with.


--- Dictionary:
bullwhip — длинный пастуший кнут
diapers — узорчатая ткань
ditch — пускать под откос; угробить, разбить; бросать, оставлять
swaddling clothes — пелёнки; ограничения, контроль; начальная стадия; младенческий возраст
Bust — взломать


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.




! Любовь Чейза и Кэмерон [вроде] спасена. Брак пациента разрушен. Загадка Уилсона решена. Но тут...


* Amber (aka Cut-Throat Bitch) 2 House: Solved another case. Busted Wilson. Looks like you're not losing it after all.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий