18 авг. 2009 г.

House M.D. 2x14

Sex Kills

Season 2, Episode 14


* House: Svinnuk. Who's the lucky woman?
   Wilson: My wife.
   House: No, I don't want to know who gets the chocolates. I want to know who you're having the affair with.


* House: Norwegian chocolate. Frankly, you buy that stuff, the terrorists win.
   Wilson: Some people bottle up their feelings, have them come out as physical pain. Healthy human beings express feelings, such as affection, by giving gifts.
   House: Gifts express guilt. The more expensive the expression, the deeper the guilt. That's a $12 box. So either you haven't slept with her yet, or she wasn't that good.
   Wilson: It's not all about sex, House.
   House: Really? When did that change?


* House: Wilson! How long can you go without sex?
   Wilson: How long can you go without annoying people?
   House: No, seriously. Week? Month?
   Wilson: I'm not having an affair.
   House: I didn't say you were. Not in this conversation. We're talking about a patient.
   Foreman: People have impulse control. We don't need sex.
   House: Well, not like air. But as a biological imperative, sure we do. There's two things we get stupid for. Money and sex. And since money rarely enters the bloodstream...



* Patient: I want to get Depo-Provera.
   House: Actually, at your age, as long as you're careful, the risk of you getting pregnant is pretty limited.
   Patient: Yeah, but it would calm me down. Right? If I get a high enough dose.
   House: You mean "calm" as in a peaceful lake, on cool summer evening? Or in the lesser used meaning of, nothing can ever bother you again because life has absolutely no meaning? High dose of Depo-Provera will chemically castrate you.


* House: Okay. I'm gonna get up to leave now. And I'm gonna walk to that door, turn the handle. And then you're suddenly gonna decide that you have to tell me the truth. I'm gonna have to turn around and come all the way back. See, the thing is, my leg hurts. Can we cut the walking out of the equation?


* Patient: I love cows.
   House: Any particular... variety? Guernseys? Holsteins?


* Patient: Amy thinks love leads you to make stupid choices.
   House: You're certainly setting a good example for her.
   Patient: Yeah. She just doesn't get it. If you're not prepared to look stupid, then nothing great is ever gonna happen, right? On the other hand, I guess your testicles aren't going to explode either.


* Wilson: You sure you're right?
   House: Absolutely. Your socks don't match. Which means you got up and got dressed in the dark. Which means you don't want to wake your wife. Which means you don't want to talk to her. Which means...
   Wilson: I was referring to your patient.
   House: Oh, that. No.


* House: Next?
   Cameron: Um... 40-year-old male...
   House: Yes?
   Cameron: Heart attack.
   House: If you really cared about me, you'd find me a better corpse.



--- Словарик:
affair — роман, связь, любовная история


+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий