30 нояб. 2022 г.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


Klingons Ambassador: Remember this well. There shall be no peace, as long as Kirk lives.

Kirk: Mr Scott.
Scotty: Aye, sir?
Kirk: How soon can we be underway?
Scotty: Give me one more day, Sir. Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon, that's hard.

Amanda: Spock, does the good of the many outweigh the good of the one?
Spock: I would accept that as an axiom.
Amanda: Then you stand here alive because of a mistake, made by your flawed, feeling, human friends. They have sacrificed their futures because they believed that the good of the one, you, was more important to them.
Spock: Humans make illogical decisions.
Amanda: They do, indeed.

McCoy: Perhaps we could cover a little philosophical ground, life, death, life, things of that nature.
Spock: I did not have time on Vulcan to review the philosophical disciplines.
McCoy: Come on, Spock. it's me, McCoy. You really have gone where no man's gone before. Can't you tell me what it felt like?
Spock: It would be impossible to discuss this subject without a common frame of reference.
McCoy: You're joking.
Spock: A joke? Is a story with a humorous climax.
McCoy: You mean I have to die to discuss your insights on death?
Spock: Forgive me Doctor. I'm receiving a number of distress calls.
McCoy: I don't doubt it.

President: Ambassador Sarek, I'm afraid you're trapped here with us. There seems to be no way we can answer this probe.
Sarek: It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

McCoy: You think this is its way of saying 'Hi, there' to the people of the Earth?
Spock: There are other forms of intelligence on Earth, Doctor. Only human arrogance would assume the message must be meant for man.

Spock: I've had to programme some of the variables from memory.
Kirk: What are some of the variables?
Spock: Availability of fuel components, mass of the vessel through a time continuum, and probable location of humpback whales, in this case, the Pacific Basin.
Kirk: You've programmed all that from memory?
Spock: I have.
McCoy: Angels and ministers of grace defend us!
Spock: Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV.

Kirk: Shields, Mr Chekov... May fortune favour the foolish. Warp speed, Mr Sulu.

Chekov: Excuse me, sir, can you direct me to the naval base in Alameda..? It's where they keep the nuclear vessels... Nuclear vessels.

Kirk: What's your question?
Spock: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall I say, more colourful metaphors, double dumb-ass on you, and so forth.
Kirk: You mean the profanity?
Spock: Yes.
Kirk: That's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word. You'll find it in all the literature of the period.
Spock: For example?
Kirk: Well, the collected works of Jacqueline Susann, the novels of Harold Robbins. The giants.

Spock: To hunt a species to extinction is not logical.
Gillian: Who ever said the human race was logical?

Kirk: Spock.
Spock: Yes.
Kirk: About those colourful metaphors that we've discussed. I don't think you should try using them any more.
Spock: Why not?
Kirk: Well... for one thing, you haven't quite got the knack of it.
Spock: I see.
Kirk: And another thing. It's not always necessary to tell the truth.
Spock: I cannot tell a lie.
Kirk: I don't mean lie, but you could exaggerate.
Spock: Exaggerate?
Kirk: Exaggerate. You've done it before. Can't you remember?
Spock: The hell I can't.

Chekov: Admiral, we have found the nuclear vessel.
Kirk: Well done, Team Two.
Chekov: And, Admiral, it is the Enterprise.

Spock: Are you sure it isn't time for a colourful metaphor?

Kirk: I have a hunch, that we'd all be a lot happier discussing this over dinner. What do you say?
Gillian: .... You guys like Italian?

McCoy: You realise, of course, that if we give him the formula, we're altering the future.
Scotty: Why? How do we know he didn't invent the thing?

Gillian: Who are you?
Kirk: Who do you think I am?
Gillian: Don't tell me. You're from outer space.
Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.

McCoy: Damn it, do you want an acute case on your hands? This woman has immediate postprandial upper abdominal distention. Out of the way! Get out of the way!...
Kirk: What did you say she's got?
McCoy: Cramps.

McCoy: You... You present the appearance of a man with a problem.
Spock: Your perception is correct, Doctor. In order to return us to the exact moment we left the 23rd century, I have used our journey back through time as a referent, calculating the coefficient of elapsed time in relation to the acceleration curve.
McCoy: Naturally. So what's your problem?
Spock: Acceleration is no longer a constant.
McCoy: Well, then you're just gonna have to take your best shot.
Spock: Best shot?
McCoy: Guess, Spock. Your best guess.
Spock: Guessing is not in my nature, Doctor.
McCoy: Well, nobody's perfect.

Scotty: Admiral, there be whales here!

Kirk: They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all...
Gillian: Whales weep not. D.H. Lawrence.

Gillian: Why does it have to be goodbye?
Kirk: Well... Like they say in your century, I don't even have your telephone number. How will I find you?
Gillian: Don't worry. I'll find you... See you around the galaxy.

McCoy: The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe. We'll get a freighter.


+++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий