15 нояб. 2022 г.

Passion's Harvest and a Sheldocracy

Young Sheldon 6×3


Connie: You looking for a new church?
Mary: Not yet.
Connie: 'Cause I can see you going Catholic. You got a "get thee to a nunnery" vibe.

Mary: Oh. Mom. Really? Passion's Harvest?
Connie: The main character's name is Passion. She's inherited her daddy's farm, and there's a stud in the stable.
Mary: Oh, that's terrible.
Connie: Read it, then tell me how terrible it is.
Mary: I'm not reading this trash.
Connie: So you're literally judging a book by its cover?
Mary: All right. Fine. I'll give it a look... How come you've dog-eared all these pages?
Connie: You'll see...

Mary: I could write a better book than this...

Sheldon: Dr. Sturgis. I don't think I can do the assignment.
Dr. Sturgis: Why not? Just pick either side of any ethical argument and present it.
Sheldon: But how do I know which argument to present?
Dr. Sturgis: Any one you want.
Sheldon: And how do I know which side to take?
Dr. Sturgis: Any side you want.
Sheldon: But I want to take the right side.
Dr. Sturgis: Maybe there is no right side.
Sheldon: This is torture, and that can't be ethical.
Dr. Sturgis: There you go! You picked a subject. And a side.

Mandy: I wasn't just short on the power bill. I was also short on the rent, and, uh, now I'm short on a place to live.
Georgie: Oh, okay, well, you're welcome to stay here. Mi garage, su garage.

Sheldon: I need your opinion on an ethical dilemma. Should robots have the same rights as humans?
Missy: That depends. What's "ethical" mean?

Mandy: Good morning, everyone.
Sheldon: Niblingo.
Mandy: I'm sorry, what?
Sheldon: It's an honorific I came up with to describe a woman who's carrying my future niece or nephew but is not related to me by law.
Missy: You remember Sheldon.
Mandy: I do.

Georgie: What's wrong?
Mandy: My whole life...

Georgie: What can I do?
Mandy: Nothing, you're doing great. That's how screwed up my life is right now, you're the best part of it.
Georgie: Thank you.

Sheldon: I realized before resolving any of ... moral quandaries, the real decision is who gets to decide. Do we put it up for a vote? Does everyone get to decide for themselves? Should it be by committee? Is that committee elected or appointed? You see where I'm going? You probably don't.

Sheldon: For the smartest decision, we need the smartest person. Ladies and gentlemen, in the field of scientific ethics, we can't rely on democracy or plutocracy. We need an autocracy, or to be more precise, a "Sheldocracy."

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий