17 нояб. 2022 г.

Blonde Ambition and the Concept of Zero

Young Sheldon 6×4


Meemaw: Here you go... Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Mandy: Thank you. Looks amazing.
Georgie: Where's mine?
Meemaw: You're not pregnant. She is.

Georgie: I like to think we're pregnant.
Mandy: Really? Are your ankles swollen? Did you throw up this morning? Are you constipated?
Georgie: No, dear.
Mandy: Stop calling me "dear!" I'm not your dear.

Meemaw: You want breakfast, eggs are here, stove is there. Knock yourself out.
Georgie: I get she's pregnant. I don't know why you're so moody.
Meemaw: On the count of three...

Mary: Is this about a boy?
Missy: Mom.
Mary: I-I do have some experience on the subject.
Missy: Please, the only two boys you have experience with are Dad and Jesus.

Meemaw: Does he even know you like him?
Missy: I don't know. I've ignored him, been mean to him. What else can I do?
Meemaw: Sounds like you've tried everything.

Meemaw: Why don't you get one of your girlfriends to find out how he feels about you.
Missy: Why?
Meemaw: Because then you don't have to put yourself on the spot.
Missy: Okay. And if he doesn't like me back, I'll just keep being mean to him until he does. I don't know why that works.
Meemaw: Men are dumb.
Missy: Does that mean we're dumb for liking 'em?
Meemaw: It's not a good look for us.

George: You busy?
Sheldon: Yes, but I'm also excellent at bifurcating my cognitive abilities. Hit me.

Sheldon: I could.
George: Great.
Sheldon: But I won't.
George: Why not?
Sheldon: Because me teaching Billy is like trying to use the gravitational power of a neutron star to change the spin of a boson.
George: Don't do that.

Mary: Come on. Just tell me.
Meemaw: I would. But the bond between a girl and her grandmother is... sacred.
Mary: I am her mother and I am your daughter. Give me something.

Sheldon: Let's take it back a step. Where do you stand on addition, subtraction, multiplication and division?
Billy: I'm against it.

Sheldon: We have a problem.
Dr. Sturgis: What?
Sheldon: Zero might not exist.
Dr. Sturgis: Of course zero exists.
Sheldon: Great. Then explain it to me.
Dr. Sturgis: Easy. Zero is nothing.
Sheldon: But how can nothing be a thing?

Dr. Sturgis: Regardless, zero is very important.
Sheldon: I'm not saying it isn't important. I'm just saying the little round guy ain't real.
Dr. Sturgis: You're being silly. Zero is a number, like every other number.
Sheldon: Oh, yeah? Can you divide with it?
Dr. Sturgis: Well... No.
Sheldon: In fact, the Greek philosopher Parmenides said, "Nothing cannot exist, because to speak of something is to speak of something that exists."
Dr. Sturgis: Well, I suppose... you could look at it that way.
Sheldon: Dr. Sturgis, zero isn't real.
Dr. Sturgis: I feel dizzy.

Sheldon: I have bad news about zero. It doesn't exist.
Billy: So I was right?
Sheldon: No one is more shocked than I am.

Sheldon: I can't help you with your test. Without zero, I don't even know what math is anymore.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий