2 нояб. 2020 г.

Vergangenheit

The Crown 2×6


Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother: What's happening to this country? The people of Great Britain never cried during the war. Now they're weeping like children... Turning out in droves for an American zealot.
Queen Elizabeth II: He's not a zealot.
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother: He's shouting, darling. Only zealots shout.

David, Duke of Windsor: I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but a life of pleasure really has its limits.
Duchess of Windsor: Try a life spent living with you.

David, Duke of Windsor: My motto, as Prince of Wales, was "Ich dien." "I serve." Deeply rooted within me is a need to serve my country. I need a job, a purpose.

Queen Elizabeth II: The great joy that I have felt today was that of being a simple congregant, being taught, being led... You see, as head of the Anglican Church, in terms of rank, even the great Archbishops of York and Canterbury are below me. Above me there is only God.
Reverend Billy Graham: Well, that must be lonely sometimes.
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes, it is. Which is why it's lovely, as Queen, to be able to just disappear and be...
Reverend Billy Graham: A simple Christian.
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes. Above all things, I do think of myself as just a simple Christian. It's the values of Christian living that root me, guide me. Define me.

Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother: ... And this is the man you inexplicably let back into the country. I hope you have a strong stomach...

Queen Elizabeth II: Forgiveness. Are there any circumstances, do you feel, where one can be a good Christian and yet not forgive?
Reverend Billy Graham: Christian teaching's very clear on this. No one is beneath forgiveness. Dying on the cross, Jesus himself asked the Lord to forgive those that killed him.
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes. But... we must remember his words. "They know not what they do." That forgiveness, it was conditional.
Reverend Billy Graham: True, but he still forgave. God himself forgives us all. Who are we to reject the example of God?
Queen Elizabeth II: Mere mortals.
Reverend Billy Graham: We are all mortals, that is our fate, but we need not be un-Christian ones...

Reverend Billy Graham: The solution for being unable to forgive: one asks for forgiveness oneself. Humbly and sincerely, and one prays for those that one cannot forgive.

Queen Elizabeth II: ...when the truth finally came out... The truth! It makes a mockery of even the central tenets of Christianity. There is no possibility of my forgiving you. How on earth can you forgive yourself?

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: We all agreed to put aside our historical differences to celebrate the one good thing we all have in common.
Queen Elizabeth II: Which is?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: You. And the heroic way you kicked that wretched fool out today, tail between his legs.
Queen Elizabeth II: It was hardly heroic.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: On the contrary, it was entirely heroic. And don't, don't for one minute start on about it being a failure of Christianity.
Queen Elizabeth II: Uh, it is.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: No. It's not. You protected your country and you protected the reputation of your family. Not to mention successfully banishing Satan from entering the Garden of Eden. That's Christ's business in anyone's books. So, it's a gold star from Jesus. And a gold star from me.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий