8 нояб. 2020 г.

Paterfamilias

The Crown 2×9


Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Gordonstoun is the right place for him. It's no exaggeration to say that school made me, and it can make Charles. He won't learn a thing about himself at Eton.
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes, but he might just survive or flourish.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Or he might just become another wet, namby-pamby, mollycoddled twit like the rest of the British upper classes.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I won't lie to you. When I heard I was going to Gordonstoun, I felt exactly as you do now. Wretched. ... I wanted the easier, softer way. But in order to grow up properly, you need to get away from all this nonsense... Would you like me to let you into a big secret?
Prince Charles: Please.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: This... is not the real world.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: You can't always fall back on the Crown.
Queen Elizabeth II: Oh, yes, I can. And I will.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Then you would do well to remember the promises you made to me. And the consequence breaking those might have on the Crown. Charles's education... is my responsibility. Yours is to honor your word... and keep your husband.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Don't worry about it! It's just air!

Lord Mountbatten: You may hate him now, but one day, God willing, you will be a father yourself. And you will fall short, as all parents do. And be hated. And you will know what it is to pray for the forgiveness from your own son.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: The pain... The struggle is a gift, Charles. This is the moment you have to dig deep. You put the work in now and you won't struggle in the future. But you've got to toughen up a little, boy, for what is ahead of you.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I know there's more in you, Charles. You've got to be strong, and you've got to find it.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий