28 нояб. 2020 г.

Fork

The Queen's Gambit 1×5


Alice Harmon: Dark's nothing to be afraid of. In fact, I'd go as far as saying there's nothing to be afraid of. Anywhere.

Alice Harmon: The strongest person is the person who isn't scared to be alone. It's other people you got to worry about. Other people. They'll tell you what to do, how to feel… Before you know it… you're pouring your life out in search of something other people told you to go look for.

Alice Harmon: Someday, you're gonna be all alone, so you need to figure out how to take care of yourself.

Harry Beltik: You don't ever study?
Beth Harmon: I analyze games. What actually happened, not what could have happened. And I play it by ear.
Harry Beltik: Like Capablanca.
Beth Harmon: He would have beaten Borgov.
Harry Beltik: Mmm, not every game.
Beth Harmon: Mmm, every game that counted.

Beth Harmon: You think I'm a prima donna, don't you?
Harry Beltik: It's chess. We're all prima donnas.

Harry Beltik: You're stubborn, so you get mad. When that happens, you can only see what's in front of you.
Beth Harmon: Anger clears my head.
Harry Beltik: Anger is a potent spice. A pinch wakes you up, too much dulls your senses.

Beth Harmon: Um… I-I just wasn't ready. I'm ready now... Now or never.

Harry Beltik: You're too sharp for me.

Harry Beltik: You have a lot in common.
Beth Harmon: Really? Morphy was a lawyer or something, in New Orleans.
Harry Beltik: You look at his games, the way he played. He sacrificed knights and bishops like he had a dozen instead of two, and then he'd move in on the king so fast, his opponents would just freeze up.
Beth Harmon: It's too bad Morphy and Capablanca hadn't been alive at the same time. They could've played each other.
Harry Beltik: Yeah, it's too bad Morphy fell into a muttering paranoia and died.

Harry Beltik: [Morphy] would stay up all night, in Paris, before his games, drinking in cafes, and talking with strangers. And then he'd play the next day like a shark. Well-mannered, well-dressed, moving the pieces with these small, ladylike hands. Crushing one European master after another. You know what they called him? "The pride and the sorrow of chess." And then he retired at 22.
Beth Harmon: And you think that's gonna be me?
Harry Beltik: I think that is you. I think maybe… It's always been you.

Benny Watts: Highest-rated players in the whole fucking country, and yet here we are at some second-rate university, playing on cheap plastic boards with cheap plastic pieces... If this were a golf or tennis tournament, we'd be surrounded by reporters, as opposed to... whoever these people are. You should see where they play in the Soviet Union.
Beth Harmon: I'm planning on it.
Benny Watts: You have to get past me first.
Beth Harmon: I'm planning on that, too.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий