29 нояб. 2020 г.

Truths

Dark 1×5


Noah: Hello, Bartosz. My name is Noah.

Noah: I'm Noah. I'm a priest at St. Christopher's Church. Ines called me. Do you believe in God?

Noah: How do you believe the world came to be? Who created all the beautiful things?
Mikkel Nielsen: The world came to be through the Big Bang. 13.8 billion years ago. That's how space, time and matter came to be, and Earth as well. The rest is evolution.
Noah: And what was there before the Big Bang? Nothing can arise from nothing. Maybe the Big Bang is nothing more than God's act of creation.
Mikkel Nielsen: My father says religion is the brainwashing of the masses.
Noah: I'm sure your father knows a lot, but he doesn't know everything. It's good that he raised you to question things. But every now and then, it's good to question those who question things. God has a plan for every human being. Including you.

Ulrich Nielsen 1986: ... And then she says, "When you grow up your heart dies." That line hits you, bam! Right in your face, you know? And in the end you think they've become friends because that created a bond between them. But in the end, they're all stuck in their little pigeonholes.

Katharina Nielsen 1986: I'm not joking. No kids. Never.
Ulrich Nielsen 1986: I promise. No kids.

Ulrich Nielsen: Do you know why I became a policeman?.. When my brother vanished back then, they made every mistake in the book. The chief investigator was a drunken moron. And I... I swore I'd do everything differently. That I'd do things right. That I wouldn't become an incompetent asshole pig like him. That was 33 years ago. And now look at me. I'm a joke. I cheat on my wife. My son has vanished. I can't do anything. Thirty-three years. Everything is the same. Just that now I'm the incompetent asshole.
Charlotte Doppler: Have you ever heard of the 33-year cycle? Our calendars are wrong, a year isn't 365 days long. We're always a bit "out of sync," so to speak. But every 33 years everything is just like it was. The stars, the planets, the whole universe returns to the exact same position. The lunar-solar cycle.

The Stranger: Life is a labyrinth. Some people wander around their whole lives looking for a way out, but there's only one path and it leads you ever deeper. You don't understand it until you've reached the center. Death is incomprehensible, but you can make peace with it. Till then you should ask yourself each day if you've made the right decisions.

Mikkel Nielsen: Do you know Houdini?
Hannah Kahnwald 1986: Who?
Mikkel Nielsen: Harry Houdini, one of the world's greatest magicians. There is no such thing as magic, just illusion. Things only change when we change them. But you have to do it skillfully, in secret. Then it seems like magic.

Mikkel Nielsen: I'm from the future.
Hannah Kahnwald 1986: You're cool.
Mikkel Nielsen: No, I'm Mikkel.
Hannah Kahnwald 1986: Hi, Mikkel, boy from the future. I'm Hannah.

Michael Kahnwald: The truth is a strange thing. You can try to suppress it, but it will always find its way back to the surface.      We make a lie into our truth in order to survive. We try to forget. Until we can't anymore.
     We don't know even half of the mysteries of this world. We are wanderers in the darkness.
     This is my truth.
     On November 4, 2019 I traveled through time to the year 1986. The boy from the future stayed, and in time he became a man. Mikkel became Michael, who never knew where he belonged. By the time you read this I'll already be gone. Both as a boy and as a man.
     I hope you can forgive me.
     Everything is connected.

The Stranger: I'd like to talk to you about time...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий