22 нояб. 2020 г.

Exchanges

The Queen's Gambit 1×2


Beth Harmon: I'm gonna stay awake as long as I can, reading my book, learning the Sicilian Defense. There's 57 pages about it in the book, with 170 lines stemming from P to QB4. I'm gonna memorize them and play through them all in my mind.
Jolene: Poor mind...

Beth Harmon: You didn't see it, did you?
Jolene: Watch who you go accusing. I got no use for no book like that. Anyway, you don't need no book. Just say, "Yes, sir," and "Yes, ma'am," and you'll do all right. Tell them you're grateful to be in a Christian home like theirs. Maybe they'll put a TV in your room.

Matt: What's your rating?
Beth Harmon: I don't have a rating.

Beth Harmon: I want to play the best.
Matt: You have to get a rating before that happens.
Beth Harmon: How do I get a rating?
Matt: You play 30 games in USCF tournaments, then wait four months. That's how you get a rating.
Beth Harmon: That's too long.

Alma Wheatley: Be a good girl and get that little bottle of green pills by my bedside. My tranquility needs to be refurbished.

Alma Wheatley: I just didn't have the faintest idea that people made money playing chess.
Beth Harmon: There's tournaments with bigger prizes than that.
Alma Wheatley: How much bigger?
Beth Harmon: Thousands of dollars.
Alma Wheatley: Goodness.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий