17 нояб. 2020 г.

Aberfan

The Crown 3×3


Harold Wilson: Now we have to be careful. This could turn nasty very quickly.
Andrew: Come on, Harold. This is an accident caused by unprecedented rainfall. It isn't political.
Harold Wilson: Everything is political, Andrew.

Harold Wilson: Now... given all this, I was hoping I might persuade you to go...
Queen Elizabeth II: One of the most unfortunate things about being sovereign I have discovered is that you paralyze virtually any situation you walk into. The very last thing emergency and rescue services need when they are working against the clock is a queen turning up.
Harold Wilson: I'm not sure I agree. Children have died. A community is devastated.
Queen Elizabeth II: What precisely would you have me do?
Harold Wilson: Well, comfort people.
Queen Elizabeth II: Put on a show? The Crown doesn't do that.

Martin Charteris: Without wishing to prompt, Your Majesty, you may wish to consider that this is Wales, not England. A display of emotion would not just be considered appropriate, it's expected.

Harold Wilson: These meetings are confidential, yes?.. I have never done a day's manual work in my life. Not one. I am an academic, a privileged Oxford don, not a worker. I don't like beer. I prefer brandy. I prefer wild salmon to tinned salmon. Chateaubriand to steak and kidney pie. And I don't like pipe smoking. I far prefer cigars. But cigars are a symbol of capitalist privilege. So, I smoke a pipe, on the campaign trail and on television. Makes me more... approachable.
Queen Elizabeth II: Hmm.
Harold Wilson: Likable. We can't be everything to everyone and still be true to ourselves. We do what we have to do as leaders. That's our job. Our job is to calm more crises than we create. That's our job, and you do it very well indeed. And in a way, your absence of emotion is a blessing. No one needs hysteria from a head of state. And the truth is, we barely need humanity...
Queen Elizabeth II: Prime Minister.
Harold Wilson: Your Majesty.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий