9 нояб. 2020 г.

The Big Knife (1955)

Patty Benedict: When we first met, all you could talk about was the New Deal or the fair deal or some deal.
Charlie Castle: I believed in it.
Patty Benedict: What do you believe in now?
Charlie Castle: Health, hard work, rare roast beef and good scripts.

Patty Benedict: There were over 400,000 divorce cases in this country last year. It's getting as common as the ordinary head cold.

Marion Castle: Charlie! A man can live only one of two ways, either married or like a bachelor. What you want is the best of both! And that's not a marriage, not in my book.

Marion Castle: Charlie, he's only a man. He's not God, to strike us down in his wrath.

Nat Danziger: Charlie, never underestimate a man because you don't like him.

Charlie Castle: Every way is a way to die, huh?
Nat Danziger: I’m older. Every way is a way to live.

Charlie Castle: I’m asking you for the last time... Please, let me go.
Stanley Hoff: I can't force you to sign, can I? Can I?

Connie Bliss: Don't fight it, darling. Get with it.

Charlie Castle: Just what do you believe in? What?
Connie Bliss: Fun, Charlie, not gloomy thoughts. Perfume and staying young, and goodies of every sort and description, and secrets and locked doors, and enjoying the wildest things that come into my mind.
Charlie Castle: Why don't you go home, Connie? Your mother's looking for you.

Charlie Castle: Anything for my art.

Charlie Castle: You're saying funny things, Smiley, but I don't see you smiling. What do you mean, "she never opens her mouth again?"
Smiley Coy: That's it.
Charlie Castle: What's it?
Smiley Coy: Charlie, she'll have to be removed.
Charlie Castle: Removed?
Smiley Coy: Sorry to throw the raw meat on the floor. A fact, like a rock, has certain dimensions and gravity.

Charlie Castle: You see, everyone needs a cause to touch greatness.



+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий