10 нояб. 2020 г.

Mystery Man

The Crown 2×10


Stephen Ward: People come to me with necks, backs, elbows, knees... Very often it's nothing to do with the symptoms. The real cause is something else.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Such as? Ah...
Stephen Ward: Tension. Emotional strain.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Oh...
Stephen Ward: Unresolved conflicts of one form or another.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Oh...
Stephen Ward: There.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Oh, and how does one go about treating those?
Stephen Ward: Well, first by identifying them, recognizing them, and then by treating not just the physical symptoms but, uh, well, changing one's whole lifestyle.

Princess Margaret: I see. The whole nasty, jealous circus, cooped up in this ridiculous compound, furious because we got the largest apartment.
Queen Elizabeth II: No one's furious about the apartment.
Princess Margaret: Incandescent. Positively constipated with fury.
Queen Elizabeth II: They're furious about the noise.
Princess Margaret: Because it represents rejuvenation, modernization and change.
Queen Elizabeth II: No, because it's inconsiderate, selfish and deafening.

Dorothy Macmillan: At one point they even turned on the Queen.
Harold Macmillan: The Queen?
Dorothy Macmillan: It was really very funny. .... And then they came on to you. ....
Harold Macmillan: Was it cruel?
Dorothy Macmillan: Not cruel, no.
Harold Macmillan: Were people laughing?
Dorothy Macmillan: Yes. ...
Harold Macmillan: ... Did you?
Dorothy Macmillan: Yes. You should go. See what's happening to your bloody country.

Queen Elizabeth II: You're coming too?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Coming? Uh, no. I'm going.
Queen Elizabeth II: Where?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: St. Moritz.
Queen Elizabeth II: How mysterious.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: You?
Queen Elizabeth II: Balmoral.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Separate countries.
Queen Elizabeth II: How apposite.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: What does that mean?
Queen Elizabeth II: Appropriate, suitable, fitting, apt.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I know what "apposite" means. I mean, what are you trying to say?
Queen Elizabeth II: Oh, don't worry about that. You just enjoy the mountains, dear.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: What are you doing here?
Princess Margaret: I could ask you the same question in reverse. What were you not doing here?

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: This is most unlike you.
Queen Elizabeth II: On the contrary. This is the most like me I've been in years.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I understand the Prime Minister's resignation and all that.
Queen Elizabeth II: It's not just the Prime Minister.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: And your mother. And your sister, and the children. And the extended family. And the Church and the Commonwealth and the country. The whole ghastly relentlessness of it all. The fact it never stops, not for a minute. I understand all that.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: There are two types of people in life. Those whom one imagines to be trustworthy and reliable, who turn out to be treacherous and weak... Like Mr. Macmillan. And those who appear to be complex and difficult, who turn out to be more dependable than anyone thought... Like me.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I know exactly what my job is. Your father made it perfectly clear. You are my job. You are the essence of my duty. So here I am. Liegeman of life and limb. In, not out.

Queen Elizabeth II: Philip. We're both adults. And I think we're both realists. We both know that marriage is a challenge, under any circumstances. So I can understand... if sometimes, in order to let off steam, in order to stay in... you need to do what you need to do. I can look the other way.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Yes, I know you can look the other way. You've raised looking the other way into an art form. I'm saying I don't want you to. You can look this way. I'm yours. In. And not because you've given me a title, not because we've come to an agreement. But because I want to be. Because I love you.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий