24 февр. 2014 г.

Adult World

& Amy: This is suicidal plagiarism.

& Amy: Riding the bus is like being in Mogadishu.

& Amy: My teeth feel so big in my mouth right now.
    Rubia: It’s just pot, okay? It’s not acid.

& Rat Billings: How do you feel about failure as a concept? ’Cause, you know, all the best people are failures these days.
    Amy: I failed many times.
    Rat Billings: That’s good. Continue to fail. Beckett said, “if you want to make art, you have to fail.” And so, the artist’s job is to fail better.
    Amy: Fail better.
    Rat Billings: Yeah.
    Amy: You should make t-shirts.

& Amy: How about a little negative advice before I depart?
    Rat Billings: Love. Love until you hate. Then, learn to hate your love. Then, forgive your hate for loving it.
    Amy: Wow. On that note, do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking. That’s William Butler yeats.
    Rat Billings: You’re dumb, but you’re not stupid!


& Rat Billings: What are you doing out here this late?
    Amy: It’s the witching hour. Maybe I’m a witch.
Ω Ho-ho-ho.

& Rat Billings: Fame’s your generation’s black plague, kid.
    Amy: That’s really good. Who said that?
    Rat Billings: I did just now. Me. I said that to you.

& Rubia: You’re all like, “what’s tomorrow gonna be like? And what will people think of me?” You’re gonna be blind to what’s right in front of you. Forever is comprised of “nows.” Emily Dickinson, bitch.

& Amy: Why?! Why?!
    Rat Billings: Because somebody needs to tell you the goddamn truth, Amy.
    Amy: I thought truth was subjective.
    Rat Billings: No, it’s not subjective. Not everybody can grow up to be Beyoncé or the president. Not everybody’s talented, okay? And fame doesn’t mean shit. Amy, if everything was great, nothing would be great. Nothing would be special.

& Amy: I am special! I got straight A’s! I scored in the 97th percentile SAT's! Thank you very much!
    Rat Billings: The SAT doesn’t mean shit. That’s like believing in Scientology.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий