2 нояб. 2010 г.

Unthinkable

& Yusuf: My name is Yusuf Atta Mohamed. My former name is Steven Arthur Younger. I have certain demands. In the name of Allah the merciful, and his prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
{ Понеслась! }


& Henry Herald 'H' Humphries: Who's that?
    Rina: Oh, it's the mailman... No. It's the mailwoman today. She's cute. You want to see?
    H: You always check out the postal workers?
    Rina: Every day.


& Brody: Who authorized this?
    Colonel Kerkmejian: Everything here... is within operational parameters. We never strike him. Hot, cold, sleep deprivation, intense noise, bright lights, threats of violence.
    H: He must be terrified. Where are the dogs? There should be dogs.


& H: You want me to do my work, you will treat me with respect. Especially in front of a lady.


& Brody: Do you have a plan?
    H: I shake him up, you shake him down*, okay?

& H: Now, I have one question for you. It's a simple one. Please tell me...
where... you placed... the three bombs?


& H: Mr. Younger, are you ready for this? ... No. No one ever is.


& Brody: You didn't even question him.
    H: So this blood on my jacket would be all right... if I'd gotten some information?
    Brody: Well, you're not gonna get any. You do this and he'll say anything you want, and none of it will be true. Physical torture doesn't work.
    H: So, I guess that's why they've been using it... since the beginning of human history, huh? For fun?
    Brody: That's what makes you so special, is it? Our secret weapon against the enemy?
    H: It's not about the enemy. It's about us. Our weakness. We're on the losing side, Helen. We're afraid, they're not. We doubt, they believe.
    Brody: We have values.
    H: And our values have cost us how many lives? It's not about that guy out there. He's not the problem. You are.


& Brody: What happens tomorrow? Tell me, please! Help me to help you, okay?
    Yusuf: I don't need your help. I can take it. I deserve it.


& Yusuf: I can't lose.
    H: You're practical. You're a relativist, a consequentialist*. You know what I mean? Nah, of course you don't. You only read religious books. What I'm doing here is good for my people... if I get results, if I save them. You see, there is no H and Younger. There's only victory and defeat. The winner gets to take the moral high ground... because they get to write the history books. The loser just loses. The only miscalculation in your plan... was me. You see, I will tear your eyes out, but you'll not tear my building down. Every man, no matter how strong he is, lies to himself about something. I will find your lie... and I will break you.
    Yusuf: You'll be a hero.


& Brody: Give us the bombs and you could be free.
    H: He doesn't want to be free.
    Brody: Everyone wants to be free.
    H: An assumption the U.S. has screwed up... all over the world.
    Yusuf: What you call freedom is a false God.
    H: See? Like minds. Don't you get it, Brody? He placed himself here. He knew what we'd do to him.


& Brody: It was a shopping mall! Fifty-three people are dead!
    Yusuf: That was your fault. God loves them, they're martyrs, all martyrs.


& Yusuf: I love my country, you people crap on it! I love my religion and you people spit on it! Just remember something, I'm here because I want to be here! I let myself be caught because I'm not a coward. I chose to meet my oppressors face to face! You call me a barbarian. Then what are you? What, you expect me to weep over 50 civilians? You people kill that number every day!
    H: How does it feel, Brody? This is not about me. This is about you! How does it feel?


& H 2 Brody: If you tell me to stop, I will. I'll stop.
{ Нет ответа. }


& H: Well, what do you think I should do, Helen?
    Brody: You son-of-a-bitch. What do you want me to say? Just do what you have to do!
    H: What I have to do, Agent Brody, is... unthinkable.


& Charlie: I didn't know he'd go crazy!
    H: That man over there killed 53 people. Some of them women and children, and yet somehow I'm the villain?
    Colonel Kerkmejian: You keep your mouth shut, you maniac. You're fucking evil!
    H: Oh, and he's not? You hear that, Yusuf? You win. You got them all on your side now. You're in the clear. {...}


& H: You do it.
    Brody: Why me?
    H: 'Cause if you can do it, then anybody can.
    Bradley: H, there is no time for games.
    H: I'm not playing games. I need your help. Tell me I can do this. {...} Justify me, tell me it's okay.
    Bradley: If there's another bomb out there...
    Brody: You can't do this! We're fucking human beings. Let the bomb go off! We cannot do this!
    H: That's it. You're a free man, Yusuf.



--Dict:
shake up — взбивать; расшевелить; встряхивать
shake down — трясти; вымогать; постилать; осваивать; заставить раскошелиться
consequential — логически вытекающий; полный самомнения


On Imdb.

Unthinkable

! Правдиво.

~ С пониманием воспринял информацию о том, что фильм не вышел на большой экран. Информация о том, что диски, выпущенные в Штатах, не содержат ключевых последних секунда, была воспринята без удивления.

? Так что же, в итоге, Unthinkable?..

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий