4 нояб. 2010 г.

Knight and Day

& Roy: Sometimes things happen for a reason.


& June: I hope this isn't gonna be a rough flight.
    Roy: It might be.


& June: I used to think that someday, when the last part went in, I would just climb into that GTO and start it up. Just drive and drive and drive, and just keep driving until I got to the tip of South America.
    Roy: Cape Horn.
    June: Yeah.
    Roy: {...} Yeah, "someday." That's a dangerous word.
    June: Dangerous?
    Roy: It's really just code for "never."


& Roy: I think a lot about things I haven't done. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef. Ride the Orient Express. Live on the Amalfi Coast with nothing but a motorcycle and a backpack. Kiss a stranger on the balcony of the Hotel du Cap.
    June: Where is that?
    Roy: South of France.
    June: Oh.


& June: Are we landing?
    Roy: No, not yet.
    June: No?
    Roy: Listen, there's no need to panic. I have contained* the situation.
    June: Situation?
    Roy: Yeah. We've lost the pilots.
    June: Where did they go?
    Roy: I mean, they're dead.
    June: The pilots are dead.
    Roy: Shot. It's...
    June: Shot? By who?
    Roy: Well, me. Actually, I shot the first pilot. He shot the second pilot accidentally. It's just one of those things.
    June: Seriously, this is great!
    Roy: Really, I'm relieved you are taking this so well.
    June: Where are you going?
    Roy: I'm just gonna go check on things and think about landing.


& June: Are we going down?
    Roy: No, June, it's just a rapid descent. Please, sit down.


& Roy: ... And you need to avoid getting in any vehicle with them at all costs.
    June: Okay, who are "them"?
    Roy: Well, they're serious people, June. They'll probably identify themselves as federal agents, and they'll DIP you.
    June: Dip me? In what?
    Roy: Dis-Information Protocol. They'll tell you a story about me. About how I'm mentally unstable, paranoid. How I'm violent and dangerous, and it'll all sound very convincing.
    June: I'm already convinced.
    Roy: There's a few common DIP keywords to listen for. Reassuring words. Words like, "stabilize," "secure," "safe." If they say these words, particularly with repetition...
    June: Okay.
    Roy: ...it means they're going to kill you.


& Roy: I'm not one of those "I told you so" kind of guys, but I did warn you to stay off the plane last night.
    June: When?
    Roy: Well, when I said, "Sometimes things happen for a reason."
    June: That's not a warning. That's not a warning, Roy! That's like a needlepoint expression or a bumper sticker. Next time, try, "June, if you get on this plane, you will fucking die!"


& June: Who are these people? Are they Fitzgerald's guys?
    Roy: No, it's other guys.
    June: Other bad guys?
    Roy: Worse guys.


& Roy: June. I know this looks bad, but we'll be out of here in a couple of minutes.


& June: What am I wearing?
    Roy: A bikini. We're in the tropics.
    June: How did I get in the bikini?
    Roy: June, I've been trained to dismantle a bomb in the pitch black with nothing but a safety pin and a Junior Mint. I think I can get you in and out of some clothes without looking. I'm not saying that's what I did, but...


& June: Do you think that was fate, Roy?
    Roy: I don't believe in fate. But I believe in luck.


& Roy: There's Fitz!
    June: I see him.
    Roy: Take the guns.
    June: Okay. Here. What next?
    Roy: Let them have it. {...} June Havens, you've got skills.


& Roy: What am I wearing?
    June: A pair of shorts.
How did I get into shorts?
    June: Roy, I've been trained to rebuild a six-speed transmission with nothing but a pair of pliers* and a crescent wrench*. I think I can get you into a pair of shorts without looking. I'm not saying that's what I did.



--Dict:
contained — Have or hold (someone or something) within.
pliers — плоскогубцы
crescent wrench — Разводной гаечный ключ


On Imdb.

Knight and Day (Single-Disc Edition)

) Nice. As someone said: "You will enjoy yourself and laugh out loud." And it's — true)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий