1 мар. 2010 г.

Law Abiding Citizen

* Jonas Cantrell: The Shelton case, where are we?
   Nick Rice: It went sideways last night. Judge Birch.
   Jonas: Bad news. What now?
   Nick: Let's make the deal.
   Jonas: They killed a little girl, Nick.
   Nick: It's an imperfect system.
   Jonas: And we it's imperfect servants. However, you could win this case.
   Nick: Can't take that chance. Some justice is better than no justice at all.
Ужас, ужас


* Clyde: Both of them are guilty, especially Darby. You know that.
   Nick: It's not what you know, Clyde, it's what you can prove in court.
   Clyde: Please don't make a deal with them. Please don't make a deal...
   Nick: I'm sorry, the deal is done. I'm sorry. I made the deal.
   Clyde: What? How could you do that?
   Nick: This is just how the justice system works. Listen, I know you don't think it right now, but this is a victory for us.
Кошмар...


* Darby 2 Nick: I just wanna say thanks for being in my corner. It's nice when the system works, right?


* Clyde: You can't fight faith, right Darby?



* Judge: Excuse me?
   Clyde: No, I dont think I will excuse you. You see, this is what I'm talking about. You were about to let me go, are you kidding me? This is why we're here in the first place. You think I don't remember who you are, lady?
   Judge: I would tread carefully, Mr. Shelton.
   Clyde: Well, how carefully should I tread? Because apparently I just killed two people. And you were about to let me walk right out that door. How misguided are you? I feed you a couple of bullshit legal precedence, and you go jump on it like a bitch in heat.
   You folks you all hang out at the same small club. And everyday you let madmen and murderers back on the street. You're too busy treating the law like if it's a fucking assembly line. Have you any idea of what justice is? Whatever happened to right and wrong? Whatever happened to the people?! Whatever happened to justice?! And I bet you take it up the fucking ass!


* Cellmate: What did you do to get in here, anyways?
   Clyde: I did what I had to do.


* Nick: I had to call his wife and tell her that her husband had been buried alive.
   Clyde: Well, justice should be harsh, Nick. Especially for those who denied it to others.


* Clyde: Now that's an important principle I'd like you to learn, Nick. Keeping your word.
   Nick: Oh, really? Well, what principle was at work when you tortured and killed those people?
   Clyde: That everyone must be held accountable for their actions.


* Nick: You think your wife and daughter would feel good about you killing in their name?
   Clyde: My wife and daughter can't feel anything. They're dead.


* Clyde: You didn't care, Nick. You didn't even try. You could've walked out of court with your head held high. I could've lived with that, Nick.
   Nick: I keep my head high, and you will end this.
   Clyde: I've just gotten warmed up. This is when it turns into a shit total fucking war. I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fucking diseased corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical.


* Jonas: Did we bring this all on ourselves?
   Nick: Absolutely not.
   Jonas: You don't actually believe that, do you?


* Nick: A man I cared about once told me that we can't retract the decisions that we've made, we can only affect the decisions we're going to make from here.

* Clyde: One final offer, is that what it is?
   Nick: I don't make deals with murderers anymore, Clyde. You taught me that. Finally.
   Clyde: Finally.



--- Словарик:
harsh — строгий, суровый; жестокий


7.3/10 на Imdb (> 28.000 голосов по состоянию на 28/2/10).

! У-жос. Собственно, для ужаса достаточно первых пяти минут фильма. Легче 2-3 Пилы посмотреть, чем начало "Законопослушного гражданина".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий