4 мар. 2010 г.

House M.D. 5x01

Dying Changes Everything

Season 5, Episode 1


* Cuddy: Just got a call from Patty Michener from Women's Majority, the women's rights...
   House: We know who she is. I dated her. Well, not really dated her, more metaphorically raped her by having a penis.


* House: My patient... Is still fighting in the feminist trenches, but the war is over. Yesterday's sluts are today's empowered women. Today's sluts are celebrities. If that isn't progress...


* Thirteen: She's a 37-year-old woman who deserves...
   House: People get what they get. It has nothing to do with what they deserve. And this has nothing to do with her genitalia, and everything to do with your genetics.
   Thirteen: You told me to get tested.
   House: I didn't know it was gonna color your every medical opinion, every personal opinion.
   Thirteen: You didn't think a death sentence...
   House: People die! You, Amber, everyone. Don't act like you just figured that out. I gave you a diagnosis. If you don't like it, there are exits on every floor.



* Cameron: Grief means different things to different people. Case in point, means very little to you.
   House: Grief is Newark. Okay, it's there. You can't avoid it. The idea is to hold your nose, hope the traffic's not too bad, and get on to Manhattan as quickly as possible, not to buy property.



* House: I'm not the one who's quitting.
   Cameron: 'cause you haven't lost anything.
   House: But you have. What did you do when your husband died?
   Cameron: I got a new job and I moved.
   House: See how crappy that worked out?


* Cuddy: You want to keep him, he needs to know he's not alone. Just tell him you feel like crap.
   House: It'd be meaningless.
   Cuddy: Well, then, find some meaning. And do something.


* House: If I told you that I was sorry, would it change anything?
   Wilson: I wouldn't believe you.
   House: If you believe me.
   Wilson: It's hard to imagine such a world.


* Taub: House is bluffing. I called him. He's not picking up.
   Foreman: What do we do?
   Cuddy: What you'd do if he was here.
   Taub: If he was here, we'd be asking him what to do.
   Cuddy: What are the usual suspects?
   Foreman: There aren't any. She had a vitamin deficiency, and we corrected it, an ectopic pregnancy, we removed it. But her heart problem won't go away, and now something's wrong with her brain.
   Cuddy: I have complete confidence in you guys.


* Thirteen: How can you let her treat you like a footstool?
   Patient: The world needs flunkies.
   Thirteen: Don't say that. You're better than that.
   Patient: I have no problem with it. Why do you?
   Thirteen: Because... Life is short. Yours could've ended in that surgery. You'd have never lived for yourself. What kind of feminist?.. We can have anything.
   Patient: No, we can't. We can aspire to anything. But we don't get it just because we want it. I would rather spend my life close to the birds, than waste it wishing I had wings.


* Patient: I'm going back on the road with Patty. My replacement flamed out. She says I can manage some projects on my own, carve out more of a role.
   Thirteen: Do you really think she can change?
   Patient: I don't know. The truth is, I'm not sure I...
   Thirteen: You can change.
   Patient: No... I'm not sure I want her to change. She's reasonable. She's just another employer, and I'm just... another employee. In a weird way, I matter.


* Cuddy: ... You're afraid to know. You're not listening to me, are you?
   House: Try it sometime. You'll see why.


* House: Almost dying changes nothing. Dying changes everything.


* Wilson: Amber was never the reason I was leaving. I didn't want to tell you because... Because I was trying... Like I always do, to protect you. Which is the problem.
   You spread misery because you can't feel anything else. You manipulate people because you can't handle any kind of real relationship. And I've enabled it. For years.
   The games, the binges, the middle-of-the-night phone calls. I should have been the one on the bus, not... You should have been alone on the bus. If I've learned anything from Amber, it's that I have to take care of myself. We're not friends anymore, House. I'm not sure we ever were.



--- Словарик:
flunkie — чернорабочий, подсобник
binge — кутёж, выпивка; разгул


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.



+ Жестокий эпизод. Конечно, не сравнить со смертью Amber, потому что
Dying Changes Everything.

И всё же. Amber ведь не была главной героиней. И никто ее не любил (кроме Вильсона, конечно). А тут House получает под самый дых. Но — всё в соответствии с его же принципом:
People get what they get. ... If you don't like it, there are exits on every floor.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий