28 февр. 2023 г.

Lessons

The Wire 1×8


Deputy Commissioner for Operations Ervin H. Burrell: I ask you to put a charge on a drug dealer, Lieutenant. That's all I ask. Now I got wiretaps, pager clones, affidavits coming out of my ass. And you? You're in people's shit where you're not supposed to be.

Lt. Cedric Daniels: We're done. I go past Friday and I'm buried. He told me that.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: He's gonna bury you? For what? You're doing your fucking job.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: You think the job is gonna save me? You think it's gonna save you? Chain of command, Detective. That's all I got from the deputy.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Chain of command? Did you tell your Major about the senator's driver? Or the Colonel? No? Then where's your chain of command? What's the shift Lieutenant doing going up the back stairs to the Deputy ops?

Lt. Cedric Daniels: He asked for a charge on Barksdale. That's all he asked for.
Marla Daniels: This thing with the legislative aide, who could've foreseen it?
Lt. Cedric Daniels: He saw it. Burrell. See, this is the thing that everyone knows and no one says. You follow the drugs, you get a drug case. You start following the money, you don't know where you're going. They don't want wiretaps or wired CIs or anything else they can't control. Because once that tape starts rolling, who knows what's gonna be said?

Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Ask me a question. Any question.
Det. Ellis Carver: I thought you weren't gonna study.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: This job is common sense. Ask me a question, dickless. See how I do.
Det. Ellis Carver: "According to Q1..."
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Whoa, whoa. Hold up, help me out here. You have to know them by the numbers?
Det. Ellis Carver: It helps. Makes it sound more professional that way. "According to Q1, the general order covering sexual harassment, in the event a female officer in your squad complains that her side partner has sexually harassed her, you should - A, notify the commanding officer. B, notify the shift lieutenant. Or C, notify the ranking female officer."
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: I go with D.
Det. Ellis Carver: D?
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Bitch-slap the side partner for dipping into my private stock, then take missy home and fuck her till she smiles.

Omar Little: Listen here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss.

Omar Little: If I was coming after certain people, I definitely wouldn't want to give y'all fine people any cause for concern. There are some rules here, right?
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Rules?
Omar Little: Yeah. No mistakes, no bystanders. No taxpayers getting caught up in the mix. Just get in close and hit the right nigger. And lose the gun afterward, that'd be a rule, too, I think.

Omar Little: I got a bounty on my head.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Yeah, we saw the van.
Omar Little: I do what I can do to help you all, but the game is out there. And it's either play or get played.

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Lester, are we still cops?
Det. Lester Freamon: Technically, I suppose so.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: I was just checking.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Hey, Bunk, I'll give you that burning trace evidence makes sense. What the fuck did you plan to wear home?


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий